Voicemail 17 | 11:11 pm, Fri

Incoming voicemail: Jerk

Hey, you technically reached Shanaya here. (Laughs) Leave your message now.

Shanaya, please pick up my phone. I need to know if you're alright. It's driving me crazy. It's been two we... eks. I freaking care for you and am not gi...ving up.

My heart was a puddle when I heard him sob from the other side. From two weeks an extreme determination caused me to avoid his string of voicemails. However, a latest one yesterday night didn't let me hold anymore.

It was this moment when I heard the break, the hurt in his words that I realised that no matter what he looks like, I definitely cared for the person who I was pouring my heart for  about two months.

That day, on Saturday though the fear took better of me. All my highschool life I have heard about Abhimanyu Singh, the big bad boy of the school. The light thrown on him was always shady.

Even then I would have stayed because you don't judge people by what other people talk about them But one particular incident that I had witnessed with my naked eyes was buried in my head. And no matter what it was going to stay right there no amount of wiping or even a memory loss could erase the traces of it.

A bleeding boy senselessly beating another boy his age. The anger seeping through his pair of eyes was no less than fire from the hell. Pushed to the ground one's clenched others jaw a major victim. The witness feared to make him aware of their own presence since his anger looked like having no bounds. One punch after another confused how the other was breathing, still.