Straw hats x zombie! Reader

"*groan*..."

You watched as another zombie walked by with dead eyes.

You ate a couple days ago, but you were starving.

Not enough to succumb to your zombie side, though...

You weren't really a zombie, at least not like that one that walked by.

You were... special.

You were alive. Yet you've been infected since as long as you could remember.

But that doesn't matter now.

What mattered was this ship stopping at an abandoned port. You shook your head at this and looked into the dark green, damp forest. Dark grey clouds hung over it but you could still see some zombies lurking in the shadows, unaware that the living just set foot on their shores... yet.

Your stomach growled and you sniffed the air.

There were Seven humans and one reindeer.

You didn't have the heart to eat your own kin when you were still in control, but you could eat the deer.

You decided it was now or never, and you stalked towards the old port.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You finally got there and crouch down by a bush whilst finding your target, aka the deer.

You found it but-

'Why does it have a hat... and why is it talking!?' You thought to yourself.

But you quickly got over it once your stomach growled harshly.

'Oh forget it, it's food. Let's dig in.' You thought.

You nearly took a step out when you noticed that there was only five humans.

Two women with ginger and black hair, a man with green hair, a blonde man with a swirly eyebrow, and a boy with a straw hat, who was tapping his foot whilst pouting.

'Where are the other two...'

You suddenly heard a howl of pain and some screams following after. A man with a long nose bust out of the greenery with a unnaturally buff man while clutching his left arm. He's been bit.

You sweat dropped at this and saw a zombie limping out of the forest, making a bunch of gurgling sounds.

You panicked.

'If he scares them away, I'll never get that reindeer!!!'

You burst out of the bushes, catching everyone's attention.

'Shit! I have to act fast!' You thought then hollered

"OI!!! GET OUT BEFORE IT CALLS THE OTHERS!!!!"

The zombie held an expression that said 'why would you betray us?' Before snarling and roaring at the living.

"AAAAAAAHHH!!! LETS HAUL ASS!!! GOGOGOGOGO!!!" The long-nosed man yelled.

They all ran with you in tow.

You all reached the ship before a sword was placed in front of you.

"Who the hell are you?" Moss head demanded.

"A human who wants to live???" You lied.

Well, it wasn't really a lie. You did want to live, you just wanted that deer.

"Zoro, let her on!!!!" The ginger haired woman said.

He obliged and allowed the others to pull you up.

You sat down, a little out of breathe before the long nosed man yelled.

"I've been bit!!!! I've been bit!!!!" He hollered, clutching his arm and crying comically.

"Then cover it up, you turd." You bluntly said. He turned to you and yelled

"I'M GOING TO TURN INTO A ZOMBIE!!!"
"No you won't!!!" You snapped back with wide eyes.

'Again with this zombie bite shit!?'

"You can't get infected by a bite, doofus. That's just some old myth people pass down to their children."
"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT!?"

'Shit. Ummm....'

"I was bit a while back."

They all paused.

"Really?" The boy with black hair asked.

"Yes."

"How long ago...?" Zoro said suspiciously.

"Years."

"WHAT!?" Everyone shouted.

"How many years have you been there!?" Ginger head yelled.

"Can't remember... by the way, the names (y/n)."

Everyone was dumbfounded.

"Ummmm... okay???? I'm nami... anyways-"
"I'M LUFFY!!! THE FUTURE PIRATE KING!!!"
"I'm sanji, nice to meet you!"
"I'm Frankly the SUPER awesome cyborg."
"...zoro."
"I'm usopp!!!- ow!"
"And I'm chopper!"

Your mouth watered at the sight of the reindeer, but you quickly shook off the thought and wiped the drool from the corner of your mouth.

Your stomach growled.

Your mind went hazy for a moment before you rubbed your temple.

"You wouldn't happen to have any... food would you?" You asked as politely as you could.

The blonde man smiled before saying yes.

You drooled a bit yet again.

'Yes!!! That means I won't have to eat the reind-'
"We only have veggies due to a certain SOMEONE..." sanji said while glaring at Luffy.

"...eating ever last piece of meat we have..."

You felt a wave of horror and panic wash through.

'SHIT!!! I- no. This is fine. I'll just ask them if there's an island nearby. They definitely won't go back to the zombie island...'

You looked back and saw that the island was already a spot in the distance.

'Definitely not...' you gulped.

"O-ok... how far is the closest island from here?"
"About 200 miles from here." Nami said bluntly.

'This is NOT ok.'

You almost fainted before smiling at her.

"Well, that doesn't seem too far... I'll go hang around the ship if you don't mind." You said before walking up the stairs to the head of the ship and stood there.

Everyone stared at you before you took a deep breathe and-

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

~~~~~meanwhile~~~~~~~

"-I believe we should try and-"

"...uuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!!!!"

"..."
"..."
"...hildon..."
"Yes moriah?"
"Just what the hell was that?"
"I... don't know..."

The end... for now...