016. Happy Ending

Start from the beginning

"We loved each other. Until the new kid showed up. You're fucking dad," Jimmy fusses, throwing me to the ground.

"What does that have to do with me?" I ask, a tear streaming down my cheek as I grab my wrist in agony.

"She left me. For him. And after everything!" he screeches, his eyes watering with angry tears. "I loved her like my heart depended on her, and she left me for crap! She didn't feel the spark according to her. I didn't believe her. She still loved me." He began to stare into space, lost in thought, reliving the memory.

I swallow. "She moved on. You have to do the same," I croak, struggling to sit up.

"See, the thing is, I know she still loves me. She has to," he retorts, angry tears flowing down his cheeks.

"She probably still cares about you," I whisper.

Jimmy chuckles. "She doesn't love me. I was a fool. She played me. Hard."

Jimmy's face hardened, the tears burning into his face. I back away, frightened. "Y-You don't know that," I stammer.

"Yes. I do," he says, walking towards me. "I know she moved on. She's focused on her new family. Dale, Maddie, Darian, Lauren. You."

"Me?"

"If I can just sever that love, then there wouldn't be a problem. Right?" he says, a creepy look in his eye as he steps closer to me.

"Please, don't do this. Help!" I scream frantically.

"I need her back. I need her back!"

"He-"

...

And I snap back to reality.

...

·:*:·゚☆。mackenzie:

We walk out the building and I see Johnny's sisters run up to him. I just walk past, ignoring the moment. How can I be such a fool? He doesn't love me, he never will! I'm just the girl who brought the guy back. He probably doesn't even remember the times we had together before his friends.

Once again, my sister Maddie is the star. Maddie gets it all.

"Hey, Kenz! The song sounded great!" Maddie says to me joyfully.

"Thanks," I frown, remembering the "kiss" between John and I.

"Hey, you okay?" she asks me.

"Yeah. John wants to ask you a question soon, though," I huff.

"Okay!" she says excitedly.

We end up getting in the car and heading home before I know it. Mom tells us we are going next door for a party. I really am not in a party mood, but I just keep my happy act up. In all honesty, I am excited for Maddie. It's just hard to show it when she once again gets what you want.

My mom turns on the radio, and we hear the news station.

"Good afternoon, radio listener! Boy, do we have some news for you today! Our teenage popstar legend Juan has finally face revealed! And it's all over social media, too! Juan also has posted a photo of him and newest sensation Mackenzie Ziegler! It looks as if there's a recording studio, so we can't wait to see what's up their sleeves! Stay tuned!"