012. Oh My God!

·:*:·゚☆。Johnny:

I walked inside the house, and noticed it still looked exactly the same; blue and white walls, brown carpeted floors, and a very strong liquorish smell. We walked into Hayden's room, and my eyes started to sting with salted tears. We have so many memories in here. I can't believe how long it's been.

"You good, man?" Hayden asks me, while placing a hand on my shoulder snapping me out of my trance.

"Uh, yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Um, you've been standing in the doorway for five minutes, bro," Carson says, slightly irritated.

"Oh!" I said, moving out of the way and into the room.

"I just can't believe I'm actually here. I thought I'd never see this room again." I sighed happily. Carson comes over to me and drapes an arm over my shoulder.

"Well, you're  here now. But, before we can recreate our glorious memories, you gotta spill some tea. What happened to you." Hayden and Carson both look at me with concern and worry in their eyes. I motion for them to take a seat.

"Well, around five years ago, as you know, some shit went down. I've been bullied my whole life at school, which you also know, but I hadn't been dealing with it well at home. And my dad? He never helped my situation. That one day when I eavesdropped, I will never forget his anger. The deep, black, soulless look in his eyes. From then on, I pushed everyone away. Talking was just too painful. I felt if I ran my mouth, I'd get hurt in s-some way." I begin to choke up, but I don't want to cry. I want to be brave. I've done enough crying recently, and I'm tired of it. I want to be happy.

Carson breaks the silence

"We still love you, Johnny. You'll always be our brother."

"Yeah," Hayden adds. "And are you and your dad alright now?" I nod and give them a short yes.

"Well, what do you guys wanna do now?" Hayden asks with a sigh.

"Wanna play Fortnite?" I ask.

Hell yeah.

...

About four hours later, Hayden's parents knock on the door, entering the room.

"Dinner starts in half an hour, boys!" Hayden's mother Tisha yells.

"Thanks, mom!" Tisha takes a step in and crosses her arms, smiling

"It's so good to see you three back together." She smiled

"Nice to see you again, Mrs. Summerall," I said politely.

"Oh, honey, just because it's been a while doesn't mean Tisha is any less appropriate."

Finally, Tisha left the room, and we all brought over supplies for a shower. It went by fast; Me, Carson, then Hayden. It was pretty funny when we used up all the hot water, and Hayden got mad. Eventually, we took our seats all freshened up at the dinner table, and began eating.

"So, Johnny," Hayden's father Jimmy began, "Hayden tells us you went sort of 'MIA' for a while, huh?"

Hayden immediately drops his fork. "Dad!"