Chapter 7

Colby's P.O.V

Guilt. This is what I've been feeling for the past two days. I haven't slept at all and I've barely been eating. The guys won't talk to me, minus Luca and S.J. I haven't really been talking to mom and Randal and I'm pretty sure their worried sick but it's not something to worry about. 

Jessica has been made fun of all week and its gotten to the point where it's not even funny. I just wanted to get her once after the hundreds of times she's messed with me, but I guess I wasn't the only one who was tired of her crap. It took one person to start it and it was over for her. That's why I had to do something about it. 

Everyone was at the dining table eating breakfast together when I came down the stairs with my book bag on my back. I was brushing my hair into a neat ponytail when my mom called for me.

"Colby, how about you join us? Maybe we can talk about some things while we're at it." 

"I have somewhere to be but maybe next time. S.J, ride to school with the boys." I said before walking out of the house not even waiting for a response from them. S.J would be mad at me but I can't let her come with me this time. Especially since I'm going to Jessica's house.

***

This is not what I expected at all. She lives in a small, but nice, house in one of the worst neighborhoods in town! There was only one car in the driveway, which I recognized as hers, so I was very confused if her parents worked or if they weren't there at all.

I was scared to lay my skateboard down, so I carried it with me as I walked towards the front door and knocked on it. It was a few seconds before the door swung open to a fat man with a t-shirt and shorts, that smelled of alcohol.

"Who are you? You're not a policeman, are you?" He asked quickly after looking me up and down.

"No sir, I borrowed some of your daughters notes for class and I wanted to return them to her before school." I lied.

He opened the door wider for me to walk through, which I quickly did before he changed his mind.

"First door on the left." He said walking back to wherever he was going.

I slowly walked towards the room and opened it hesitantly.

"Jessica, it's Colby. I just wanted to- oh my god!"

It was the most disturbing sight I've ever seen.

Jessica was sobbing hard on her bed with a razor in her hand. Her bed sheets were stained with red and her wrists were gushing with blood.

I don't know what I'm getting myself into, but there's no way I can leave her here in this condition.

Luca's P.O.V

"Somethings not right. We have to go follow her." S.J said as we all had gotten into the car to go to school.

"Your sister is old enough to make her own decision as to what she does and where she goes," Samuel said with a sigh.

Little did he know, this 14-year-old had a fierce fire that would burn anyone down when it came to her older sister.

"Oh for God sake, I was apart of the little paint bomb prank on Jessica also! She bullies Colby so bad it's unreal. We decided to get her back just this once for all the times she picked on us.....we didn't know everyone would do her so bad like that, it's disgusting......." By now she had tears streaming down her face but she didn't wipe them away. She was not going down without a fight and I'm pretty sure all of us knew that.

"S.J please stop crying," Riley said with a frown. He was the most emotionless person we knew but when it came down to it, he was the most caring out of us all. "We'll follow her and make sure she's safe, okay?" 

S.J wiped her tears away and looked at him with the most hatred I've ever seen come from any girl or woman in my life. It was enough to make me want to crawl under my bed and stay there till the storm passed.

"Your only doing this because I'm crying. If it was up to you four I know for a fact that you wouldn't have done a damn thing. Say what you want but I'll never forgive you. When we get to her, just know I won't speak to the four of you ever again. Whether we live under the same roof or not." With that said, S.J crossed her arms and sat back in the seat before we pulled off.

I could tell my brothers were shocked but, honestly, they deserved that. They never gave Colby the chance to explain herself and this was the outcome; a fourteen-year-old capable of shutting anyone down with harsh words called the truth.

Colby's P.O.V

I took off my shirt and ripped it into two before wrapping her wrists tightly. I pulled the sweatshirt from around my jacket and pulled it over my head before I looked through her drawers for some underclothes for her to wear.

"What are you doing? Why are you helping me?" She asked as her sobs stopped but her tears continued to flow. 

"I'm getting you out of here if I couldn't have been any more obvious. Now, where do you keep your underclothes, I already have some shorts and a shirt you can slip on. You'll have to be barefoot though, so we can slip out of here quickly." I explained just as I found the drawer with all her bras and underwear in them. I threw them towards her and she quickly tried to put them on while I gave her some privacy.

"He's not going to let me leave so your wasting your time," She said putting her head down.

I grabbed her by the hand, ignoring her comment, and pulled her right out of the room and through the living room. We were almost in the clear when the abdominal snowman himself came waltzing in with a bat and a broken beer bottle.

Well, this escalated quickly.

I know I was a little late on this update but I really tried to make this chapter good so I could get the book in the correct direction I need it to be going in. Again, feel free to message me in my inbox, to ask questions or to give an input on the book, or just comment on the book. Although I don't want anything mean written or I will report and block you from ever reading again. On that note, love you guys and have a wonderful night/morning (depending on where you are)

-Autumn