"Good morning." Everyone replied.

"Let me start by saying congratulations to all our seniors sitting in the room today. I've had some challenges with this group but 3 years later and they're all here getting ready to grab their diplomas. Now, before I call our first student up, I'm not gonna sit here and tell you all not to cheer until all the names are called because you're gonna do the complete opposite and so would I."

A few of the people in the room chuckled at his last statement. Black people never wait until all the names are called. They only care about their child's name anyway and, trust me, I'm not judging.

"Without further ado, let's begin."

He began calling all the names but I wasn't really paying attention. I was only waiting for the people who I actually fuck with.

"Carrie Brown."

"Wooooooooh!!!"I cheered as Carrie walked up the stairs of the stage.

Her parents weren't able to make it but she has my family as well as Kianna's parents to support her. She got her diploma and shook the principal's hand before strutting back to her seat. Next up on my list, Kianna.

"Kianna Johnson."

I stood and put my hands around my mouth, screaming. She did the same as Carrie but did a little twerk at the end of the stage before rushing back to her seat. Mr. Johnson was gonna have her ass for that later. A few irrelevant names later, there was Randy.

"Randy Williams."

I cheered just as I did for Carrie and Kianna. Randy and I friendship didn't start off on the right foot but once my relationship with Dave started, it changed for the better. As he walked off the stage, he smiled and winked at the group of girls who always crowded around them. They went wild.

"Tanya Wilson."

I stood up and walked to the stage with a big smile on my face. I heard screams coming from my family, Kianna's family, and all my friends. After getting my diploma, I gave Mr. Malcom a huge hug. I walked to the edge of the stage and stopped before rubbing my baby bump. I went back to my seat and sat down.

The rest of the names were called and everybody cheered again for everybody. After another short speech from Mr. Malcom, we all stood up and moved our graduation tassels to the other side. Some people threw their caps up but I didn't feel like having to look for it afterwards.

I walked over to where the family's were seated and Tyrell picked me up, spinning me around. He put me down and pulled me into a hug again. I hug Tariq, Bianca, and Ms. Leslie before going over to Dave. He picked me up, just as Tyrell did, and kissed me. Kianna was with her parents and Rashad and Carrie was with Randy and his mom.

"I'm so proud of you, munchkin." Tyrell said.

"Thanks, Ty." I smiled as my eyes watered.

This baby is making me so emotional. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. When I turned around, the arms belonged to Grandma Angela. I smiled and pulled her into a hug.

"Congratulations, sweetie." She said.

"Thank you, grandma."

After another 5 minutes had gone by, we decided to go to our house. Grandma Angela had rode with us with back and everybody else followed behind us. When we got home, we all got out and walked in.

"Y'all smell that?" I asked.

The house smelled like somebody was cooking. It smelled like fried chicken, mac and cheese, collard greens, candied yams, and cornbread. The baby also increased my sense of smell.

I walked in the kitchen and there was a woman behind the stove. When she turned around, she smiled at us and I noticed that she resembled Grandma.

"Who are you and how'd you get in here?" I asked.

"I'm your aunt, Cassie." She said. "Your grandma had a key."

I forgot that Tyrell gave Grandma a key about a week before the whole kidnapping thing. I walked over to my aunt and hugged her. I've become more welcoming of people.

"I'm Tanya." I said. "These are my brothers, Tariq and Tyrell."

"I'm Dave, Tanya's boyfriend, and this my sister, Bianca, and my mom, Leslie."

"We're Tanya and Dave's friends, Kianna, Carrie, Randy, Sean, and Rashad." Kianna said. "And these are my parents and Randy's mom."

"Nice to meet all of you." Aunt Cassie said.

"This is your father's younger sister." Grandma said.

"So I smell that you cooked." Tariq said, rubbing his hands together.

"Don't you go in that kitchen." Aunt Cassie, Grandma, and I said in unison.

"Damn." Tyrell chuckled.

"So, Tanya, I hear you're pregnant." Grandma said.

I cleared my throat. "Yeah, um, 4 months."

"Congratulations." She smiled.

"Thank you."

"Alright, well the food's finished." Aunt Cassie said. "Let's eat."

Aunt Cassie dished out everybody's food and we all sat at the dining table. The room was filled with laughter and conversation which was great. This really was my family and although all my dad's family members were dropping out of the sky, I had no problems with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts?

Grandma Angela, Aunt Cassie, and Tanya's dad in MM

The gender reveal will be the next chapter

Also, the next chapter will be the epilogue

Anyways, make sure you vote, comment, and share❤️