XXXIII

3 months later...

Tanya's View

I stood in the aisle of Party City trying to decide what decorations I should get for Bianca's Sweet 16. Dave was supposed to be here with me but business came first and according to him, I could handle it alone. Kianna and Carrie would be with me but they already had prior plans with their niggas.

I looked up and down the rack and noticed some 'Sweet 16' plates. Unfortunately, I was too short to reach them. I pouted a little before standing on my tippy toes and reaching for the plate. An arm came from behind me and grabbed two packs of the plates. I turned around and smiled seeing who it was.

"Gionni?" I asked.

"Wassup, T." He smiled, handing me the plates.

Gionni lived next door to us when I was younger

Gionni lived next door to us when I was younger. We went to school together with Kianna and the three of us were an iconic trio. He moved, though, after getting expelled for stabbing a kid in the arm with a handmade knife from a pencil. In the fifth grade, my body started to develop a little early and some boy grabbed my breast.

"Oh my gosh!" I squealed, pulling him into a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever. How've you been?"

"I've been fine and I guess you have too." He said, gesturing towards my small but noticeable belly.

I looked down and chuckled. "Yeah, I have."

"What's the occasion?"

"My boyfriend's sister is turning 16 and we're throwing her a small party."

"Sounds fun. When is it?"

"In 3 days." I sighed. "You should come."

"I would but I leave for New York tomorrow night."

"Damn, that's too bad."

"Yeah, but you should let me take you out for breakfast tomorrow morning." He said.

"That's fine."

"You still live at the same house?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, I'll see you at 9."

"Alright, it was nice seeing you."

"Likewise." He smiled before leaving the aisle.

I put the plates in the cart and looked at everything in it. I already had plates, napkins, cups, and plastic tablecloths. Lucky for me, Bianca just wanted something small at Ms. Leslie's house. Deciding to handle food and other decorations tomorrow, I headed to checkout.

"How are you?" The cashier asked as I put the stuff on the counter.

"I'm fine and yourself?"

"I'm fine, thank you." She said. "How far along are you?"