Chapter 48

T O O T 🙁

A Couple Days Later...

I sat in the backseat of my dad's car, sweating bullets. My grandparents of each side were flying in for Thanksgiving. Apparently, my PawPaw had flew to Mexico last week, and they're all flying in on his jet.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I had yet to tell them about my pregnancy.

I was already aggravated and over the day. My back was hurting, my feet were swollen, KJ was kicking more, I had to pee constantly, and last but certainly not least, I didn't have anyone to call to rant to.

"You hungry, bug?", my dad asks from the driver's seat. "Yes, sir. Can we get some McDonald's?", I ask eagerly. "Nope. You can have some Subway. Your doctor said you need to eat healthier and exercise more.", he answers, changing the radio station.

"I do exercise.", I tell him. "How?", he questions, turning around in his seat. "I'm a runner. I run from my problems, I run late, and I run my damn mouth.", I answer with a smile.

"Just like ya' daddy.", he says, holding his hand out. "Ya' better tell 'em.", I respond, slapping his hand.

"You gonna call Tim and tell him to come over?", my dad asks. I didn't tell him about our argument, because we all know how he gets..

"Well.. Tim and I aren't friends anymore.", I tell him. "And why the fuck not?", he asks, almost breaking his neck looking at me.

"We had an argument. Apparently, my life is too dangerous for him.", I briefly explain, trying to ignore the small pain in my chest.

"OH HELL NAH! JUST WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS ON THAT NIG-" "Daddy, calm down. There aren't any hard feelings. We talked it out, and I respect his decision.", I lie.

"Mm.. Just say the word, and I'll have his house in flames in no more than 5 minutes.", he tells me, turning back around in his seat.

"There they are.", he says, unlocking the doors. Looking up, I only see my grandfathers.

"Where's Abuela and Granny?", I ask my dad. "I have no idea.", he answers, getting out to help them with their bags.

My stomach growls, causing KJ to kick even harder.

"I'm hungry too, baby.", I whisper, rubbing my stomach.

The door beside me opens, and I'm met with the eyes of my Abuelito.

"Hi!", I squeal, opening my arms for a hug. "¡Hola, mi hermosa nieta!", he responds, hugging me.

"Move over, you old fart.", my PawPaw says, pushing him out of the way. "Ciao, bella.", he says, kissing each of my cheeks.

Incase y'all ain't know, my Abuelito is from my Mexican side and my PawPaw was from my Italian side.

"Move over, my back is killing me.", my abuelita says, getting in. My grandpa gets in the front.

"So, what's been happening down here?", my Abuelito asks me. "Nothing. I graduated high school a few months ago. That's about it.", I answer with a shrug.

"That's obviously not the only thing that happened last year.", my PawPaw chimes in.

"Sure isn't. Boy or girl?", my abuelito asks, rubbing my stomach. "Baby girl. Katelyn Teyana Jefferson.", I answer with a wide smile.

"Jefferson? Must be after her dad?", my PawPaw questions. "Yes, sir.", I answer.

"What's his name?", he asks. "Keyvon.", I answer shortly.

He stays silent and begins tapping on his phone.

"Keyvon Thaddeus Jefferson. Born November 29th, 1996. Trapper turned businessman. Has 1 kid. Aiden Jermaine Jefferson. He's currently in a coma at MLK Hospital. Correct?"

I stare at him in shock. "What? Wrong hospital?", he asks, completely oblivious to the fact that he just read off Key's entire life. "Nothing.", I answer, shaking my head. These mafia niggas are crazy..

"So.. When are you due?", my Abuelito asks, changing the subject. "February 18th.", I answer.

"You had a baby shower yet?", they ask simultaneously. "Nope. I don't wanna have one without my boyfriend.", I answer honestly.

"Well.. You know what that means.", my grandpa says. "What?", we all ask.

"We have to take her shopping."