Epilogue

T O O T 🤗

2 Months Later...

"I'm living my best life. I ain't going back and forth with you niggas.", I sang, dancing around Key.

My due date was 2 days ago, and I can pop at any time. My stubborn ass water just doesn't want to break.

I guess KJ is just enjoying swimming around.

"Bae, go sit down.", he says, laughing. "No can do, brother. I'm ready to push this little girl out.", I tell him, continuing my concert.

The song changes, and one of our headass songs come on.

"Key, I'm finna sing to you.", I tell him.

"Baby, I need you in my life, in my life. Please bae, don't go switching sides, switching sides. I swear this is where you reside, you resi-" I'm cut off by him unplugging my phone from the speaker.

"Wha-" Once again, he cuts me off. He picks me up, and places me on my kitchen counter. Standing in between my legs he begins to speak.

"Kiara, I don't think you know how much I really love you.", he says, rubbing my face.

"I love you more than life itself. You're my Queen, my better half, my best friend, and my lover. You were by my side at the weakest. You never gave up on me, even when I deserved it."

"I remember my first time seeing you. You ordered a McFlurry and some fries, and I paid for them."

I smile, thinking about that eventful day.

"You snapped on me during our first actual conversation too.", he adds, making me laugh.

"I love everything about you. From your abnormally large head, to your unusually small feet." How rude..

"All in all, what I'm trying to say is I love you, and..."

He backs away, and pulls me off of the counter with him.

Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out a small box, and gets down on one knee.

We all know I'm slow, so it took a few seconds for everything to register.

"Baby, will you do me the honor of becoming Mrs. Jefferson?"

My jaw drops in surprise.

"U-u-um. Come again?", I stutter. "Will you marry me, nigga?", he repeats.

Taking a deep breath, I get my thoughts together.

"No.", I finally answer. He looks taken aback and I crack a smile.

"SIKE, NIGGA! THAT'S FOR LAST TIME!", I yell, humping the air.

"Man, you ain't shit.", he says, chuckling. "I know. I AM the shit.", I respond, emphasizing "am".

"So that's a 'yes'?", he asks, wrapping his arms around my waist.. "Of course, baby.", I answer.

He slides the large ring onto my finger and pulls me in.

We lean in, but before our lips could touch, I feel a sharp pain, followed by wetness.

"I know damn well yo' old ass didn't just piss on yourself.", he says, shaking his head. "No, dumbass. My water just broke.", I tell him, slapping the back of his head.

"Wait... My water just broke. Do you know what that means?", I ask excitedly. "No. What?"

"We've reached the end of 'Child's Play'. Now, its all 'Grown Folk's Business'!"

sequel will be out soon 🖐🏾😃