EP 4: YELLOW, BLUE OR RED

Börja om från början

Placing it before me, I wrapped the towel Alexander left here two days ago and began tieing it over my eyes.

After tightening the knot of the towel, I took a deep breath and dipped my hand into the bucket of paint. Taking a few steps forward, I let my fingers move over the rough surface without hesitation.

I didn't have a clue or plan in mind of what I was drawing, it seemed so hard to imagine without having see what I was actually drawing.

Xander's question kept replaying in my mind--

What represented my family afterall?

I hummed silently to myself, losing myself in the moment. I could picture it faintly, it was something mom always made for us when we were younger. It would be on Saturdays where everyone would gather at the table. Even Blake was there, no one missed those Saturdays.

Pulling off the towel, my mouth was slightly ajar and a small giggle escaped my lips. I couldn't believe I drew Mum's famous waffles.

" I knew you could do it." A familiar voice sliced through the silence, startling me.

" Alexander.." I sheepishly looked over at him as he leaned by the door, with his sleeves folded up.

He had one of his usual lopsided lazy smiles, his blonde hair were short at the sides thus his strands fell over his eyes from the top.

"Do you feel any different?" He casually walks to my side.

I stared up to my painting and a warm bubble of glee spreads itself throughout my body.

" It's been long since art brought me happiness, " I bit my lip, trying to contain a wide smile.

" You know Gabriel, the more uptight you stay, the lesser you'll enjoy life." He glances down to me.

His words had me thinking, I knew amongst my brothers I was always the one who had a goal in mind, a plan along with it that I'll strictly follow. You could call me the more serious type of guy, I simply follow the textbook.

" So what are you suggesting Alexander?" I fully faced him, raising an eyebrow.

The endz of his lips tipped upwards,  I kept my eyes on his golden brown orbs that swirled with playfulness.

" I have a few things in mind that could shake things up a bit." He wiggled his eyebrows with excitement.

Before I could reply, we heard a loud threatening sound of thunder from a distance along with the rapid sounds of falling raindrops.

" We better get out of the forest before the storm comes." Xander headed out of the hut to have a better look at the dark sky.

" We could take my motorbike to get home..." I suggested.

" It's too dangerous, the storm coming ahead looks pretty harsh. We have to wait till the storm stops..." he trailed.

He paused, placing his hand on his stomach woth a sigh before he gave me a guilty smile.

" Are there any food palors around here?"i laughed at his question as we began trudging our way out of the forest.