26

Time Skip
13th of May 1973

Barbra's POV

"I'm late. By 3 weeks. That never happens." I say quietly to Ruby as I looked up from the magazine at my workplace office.

Finishing school at the age of 17, Ruby and I were interns for magazine editor who was one of the most famous in America.

Some of the girls and guys were still in school but Denunez and Benny were now being scouted and playing for minor leagues.

"Babe. You can't be pr-

"Don't even say it Rubes."

"But were you using protection?" She asked. I was taken aback at the question before pondering.

"I remember we were. But I can't really remember at the same time. It's weird. Urgh, I don't know.

"Well, we'll sing past the clinic and find out for sure." She vowed. My eyes began to gloss up.

How could I do this to Benny?
He was just doing his second year for Elton League. He was their star player and the pay was amazing. We were supposed to be getting married next year. My mom and Nonna and Dad and everyone was rooting for us. They were rooting for me.

"Barbra isn't it? I'm going to put some of this gel on your belly ok? It might be a little cold so you may get a small shock but after that you'll be fine. I'm just going to do a scan of your stomach." The doctor told me.

She was a nice lady with short black hair and blue eyes.
After what felt like hours of silence, the doctor broke the awkwardness.

"Well," She began passing me a wipe to wipe the gel off my stomach, "Congratulations Barbra. You're already 2 and half pregnant and oh..
"What?" I choked out as I looked worried.
"You've got twins." She smiled as she peered at me over her glasses.

The walk home was very quiet between me and Ruby.

"Is it bad that I'm excited?" Ruby broke the silence as she followed me into Benny and I's apartment.

"Yes. I'm having a baby...no not even one baby. Two babies. That's double the diapers, double the crying, double the clothes, double the spit up."

"I'm going to tell Benny. His flight from New York is landing soon. I need to make him dinner or something." I rambled, causing Ruby to laugh.

"I'll stay and help out. I promise I'll be gone when you tell him." She told me as she put down her bag and rested her feet on the coffee table.

I looked at her with disgust and flicked her feet off the table.
"Alright. Sorry...mom." Ruby teased before I began to laugh along with her.

9:00pm

"Here goes nothing?" I whisper as I hear the door unlock and the smell of Benny's cologne skimmed my nose causing me to smirk.
"Oh babe." He sighed, dropping his bags and engulfing me in a tight hug. I kissed him before subtly loosening his hands from my stomach.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he referred to my hands.

"I'll tell you in a sec, get ready for dinner." I told him putting on a smile. He looked unsure before giving me on last peck on the lips and taking his stuff to our room.

I watched as he walked past the guest room. Pretty soon, that room was going to have to be a nursery.

Benny sat down opposite me at the table, he looked already happy and I didn't want to tell him incase his mood would change. But I had to.

"What's going on baby? You look like you've got a lot on your mind." He sighed as he put his hand on mind.

"Benny, today," I stuttered, "I wasn't feeling good. So, I went to the clinic. And the woman, she told me-

"Are you dying?" He asked shocked. I shook my head before continuing.

"No. Benny. I'm pregnant. The doctor says it's twins. I'm so sorry."

Benny looked confused and then taken aback. It was a while before either of them spoke.

"Twins?" He asked as a smile creeped on his face.

"Yes. Why're you smiling?" I asked causing him to kiss my hand.

"Double the fun."

"Fun?"

"Do you know how exciting this is? We're having our own babies. Little mini versions of me and you." He chattered with excitement. At that moment I felt the weight of the world fall off my shoulders.

I stood up and engulfed him in a hug before patting my tears away with my knuckles.

"So it's official then? We're having our own babies. Two. Twins." I squealed in excitement before.

"Two minis." He confirmed.

"Benny, what are we going to do? I'm only 17, and you're only 19 and what about your position at Elton, what are we going to do. My job at Walford's press, they're going to sack me the moment I waddle I'm with this bump...which I swear has already started growing just in these couple of hours and-

"Babe...since when have you ever been a worrier. Don't worry, let me worry about all that. If it's a problem we'll get around it, we always do. Just you focus on being beautiful, and transferring that beautiful energy into our juniors. I love you...mkay?"

I didn't reply. I was still worrying.

"I'm not leaving you alone until you forget about the stresses. I said I love you mkay?" He repeated as he put at a hand on my tummy.

I sighed before a smile spread across my face as his hand touched my stomach.

"I love you too."