Chapter 1 Part 1

My first day working as a secretary was.. difficult. The higher-up I assist is.. very rude and highly demanding, much different from my other jobs as an assistant or secretary. My former employers were quite polite and varied in their demands, but none such as this.

Jared Racer, the CEO I have been assisting for the past few weeks is a demandingly rude prick of a boss. His handsome looks and flirting skills help him slide on his arrogant behavior with a lot of the other women in the office, but unlike them, I don't really care for looks. 

It was on the second week he began to become flirtatious with me. I, a university student, was too preoccupied with work and school to care about romance and the sorts. I'm the last person anyone would suspect to have an office affair with a married man, let alone with my boss.

Well.. it'll make for an interesting story to tell to my grandkids someday. Having an office affair was a daringly risky choice, indeed, but I needed a little spark in my otherwise dull life. Sometimes he would catch me in the office alone or track me down during lunch hour, and take me for a quickie.

It was only the 4th month of this scandalous affair when I found out I was pregnant. My symptoms were like that of my older sister, Sarah's described pregnancy symptoms. 

At first I thought nothing of it, having thought I caught the flu, since it was nearing Christmas time and the weather was getting ruthless. I had been eating more than usual and assumed my weight gain was a result of it.

It was only when I went to the doctor i found out. I was about 3 weeks along, according to the doc. I was shocked, to be frank. The baby could've only been Jared's, since he was the only person I've slept with in months. I smacked myself, wondering what the hell I was doing with Jared. He's a married man and nearly 12 years older than me.

The next day at work, when Jared caught me on break, I pulled him into his office. He began undoing his buckle but I stoped him. I rummaged through my purse and gave him the ultrasound pictures I got from the doctor and my positive pregnancy test.

He stood there for a moment, looking at the pictures in a mixture of awe and shock. Jared's eyes looked over my body, fixated on my small baby bump. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. His lips turnd up in a smirk. I expected him to say something, accusing me of lying, but it was far from that.

"I never liked that damn lying bitch Marriet anyway."