Chapter One

He did it, he cured the people who were plagued. He saved millions of lives giving away his own. Now he suffers the consequences. He didn't mind, not at all. This is what he deserved, eternal suffering because of the pain he inflicted on others.

But he's not burning, not suffering. Well, not suffering from burning, he's suffering from boredom. He did not think Hell would be like this. Actually he doesn't think this is Hell at all.

After many moments of silence he finally emitted a sound.

"So this is how I suffer then. I am floating through an endless void. Man I can't even tell what time this is, or if it's even Heaven or Hell." Cole says with a sigh. "But I deserve this after all I've done."

As he tries to sleep another voice can be heard after he was done speaking.

"A mortal in my world? Who are you? And how did you get in here?" The denomic voice asked.
"I am Cole MacGrath. A conduit of evil I suppose."

The voice seemed amused as he made a sound of interest.

"You don't seem evil. Maybe a little greedy, but not evil." Cole was shocked to say anything back. How can he not be evil? He slaughtered dozens of people just to achieve his goal of eternal power which he nearly succeeded. But he used his power for good at the last moment to redeem himself.

"I guess you've never heard of me, right?" Cole asks rhetorically. "Well let me reintroduce myself then: I am the Demon of Empire City." He says introducing himself.

The voice did not know who he was as he made a sound of confusion. Cole shrugged as he didn't care anymore for who he was. What he is now is dead.

"So, you live here?" Cole asked the voice. "What do we do here. Well besides nothing. And is there anyone else in this world?"

"Nope you are the only one, conduit." Cole isn't surprised but he was curious if anyone else was here.
"Say you want to be alive again?" The voice asks with interest.

Cole was thrown back by the question. "You mean you can bring me back from the dead? How?" He asks with interest as well.
The voice laughs which echoes throughout the void and shakes Cole in the process.

"Of course mortal. Plus I want to see what you will do in your new life. I have a world that might suit you and surprise you." He says with excitement. Cole raised an eyebrow and starts to laugh dryly.

"Nothing can surprise me. I've seen and done everything." He says dryly.
"I am curious to how this world you speak of is surprising." The voice smiles at his curiosity.

"Yes I can sense your curiosity, BUT you have to answer yes or no first." Cole thought real hard before making his final decision.

"The hell with it." The voice smiles and a bright appears in front of Cole.
"Good luck, Cole MacGrath." He says with excitement. "Let us see what you can do." And just like Cole has disappeared.

"This City is worst than Empire. By a lot."