Mother's Plans

Much time had passed, and after nearly one-thousand years, Finn had found himself daggered repeatedly for long stretches of time. At least, in that state, the only thing he had to do, had to worry himself with, was thinking of his lost love. Now that he was free of the dagger once more, he didn't know what to do with himself. Their mother was alive, was all for reunifying the family. Secretly she confessed that she hated what her children had become, how the vampire curse had spread like wildfire and infected many individuals over the centuries. She wanted to wipe it out, and for some reason she thought his self-loathing and how he had a tendency to wallow and sulk around was because he hated being a vampire. In truth, it had little to do with vampirism anymore, but all to do with the loss of his lover.

He didn't want his siblings to suffer under their mother's misguided notion that all vampirism was bad and needed to be wiped out. So, secretly he passed along Ester's plans to Elijah who in turn quietly discussed what to do with the rest of their siblings, so that they could counteract and plan for whatever she had in store.

Finally, the night their mother's plans would begin to be put in motion, she threw a ball to celebrate their togetherness as a family and reenter society in Mystic Falls. They knew that for it to all work in their favor they had to play along, and she worked to tie their bloodlines together, so they could be wiped out all at the same time. Tiredly he allowed his mother to use him, not for the first time he wanted it all to stop, to be over and done with. If he would just die already, surely, he would have the chance to see his beloved in the next life. He lamented to the eldest of his younger brothers, Elijah was sympathetic, telling him that he too felt the pain of a lover that was gone, or in his case, out of his grasp. His beloved Katerina had been running from them for the last five hundred years on account of Niklaus being angry that she ran and got herself turned into a vampire. He even forced Elijah to be the one to hunt for her. She was adept at running and hiding, and every time he got close she slipped through his fingers. Now, whether this was on account of her skills or his brother's emotional attachment and inability to catch and turn her over to Niklaus was yet to be determined.

Once again, he felt like he was just going through the motions, playing his part dutifully. He fought his mother and sister tooth and nail to keep his hair longer, and eventually they relented, allowing him to keep his hair shoulder-length. They did, however, show him different ways to take care of it and style it so he still looked presentable in their eyes. Stuck in a suit and at a party he didn't want to be at he watched his mother put on an act and the newest doppelganger, Elena, as she acquiesced to his mother's requests. From that point on, she was a thorn in the Mikaelson siblings' sides. She double-crossed, threatened, and almost managed to kill them again and again with the help of some of her eager friends, as well as forcing some of her unwilling friends.