TWO

"I'M going out"

"I'M going out". Beth stated as she jumped down from the last couple of steps to enter the hallway.

"Not dressed like that your not". Dom stated not looking up from his newspaper, he didn't have to look at her to know she was dressed inappropriately. "This isn't London".

"I'm older than you". Beth snapped to her brother. "Who do you think you are? Telling me what to do?" She placed her hands on her hips and raised a brow. "Dad?"

Angel and Bella looked up from their books, Rich looked away from the window while Dom looked up finally from his newspaper. No one had mentioned his name, not since his funeral a year ago, no one had, had the guts to.

"I'm going to go see the Shelby's". Angel stated rising up from her seat on the couch. When her sister gave her an unbelievable look she sighed and added. "They're going to see us at some point. Might as well go to them first".

"I hear they run this place now". Beth stated. "So yes, they'll know".

"Don't be late". Dominic called to his younger sister.

"What? How come she gets to go?" Beth exclaimed, eyes wide.

"She's sensible". Bella sighed. "The Shelby's won't let her get hurt".

"Goodbye". Angel sang as she opened and closed the door, walking out into the night cold air.

She wrapped her shawl around her shoulders as she walked across the street, avoiding all the cars and and people as she did so.

She reached the familiar black door and went to knock, but she froze, did she want to do this?

She sighed before letting her hand knock on the door. She was waiting for someone to answer, but when nobody did she went to walk away and go back home.

But the door opened and she turned back round to see the oldest Shelby boy leaning against the door frame.

"Hello". She smiled as she stepped towards the door once more.

"Angelica Crawford". Arthur exclaimed. "Am I drunk?" He rubbed his eyes and leaned forward.

"No". She breathed. "I can normally tell".

"Fucking hell". He opened his arms. "Come ere". She smiled as she stepped onto his awaiting arms. "Come in". He pulled away and moved aside so the small girl could enter the familiar house.

He led her to the kitchen and she beamed when she saw two figures sat down at the table.

"Tommy, aunt Pol. Look who's not dead". Arthur breathed causing Angel to chuckle.

Tommy looked up as Polly turned round, Polly almost choked on her tea as she saw the familiar girl stood in front of her. Finn looked at the girl, confused. He recognised her, but he didn't know how.

"Knew you were back". Tommy smirked looking at his old friend.

"How?" She place her hand on her hip and raised a brow at the said man.

"I know everything". Tommy shrugged standing up and opening his arms out to her. "Now, do I get a hug?" He pleaded. Angel giggled as she stepped into the other Shelby's arms like she had done with Arthur moments before.

"Missed you". She breathed. Tommy chuckled as he pulled away and let Polly take his place.

"Oh come here". Polly gushed pulling her into her arms. "Oh my how you have grown". She breathed.

Angel giggled as she was released from the older women's grasp.

"Would you like some tea?" She wondered.

"No thanks, I'll have some Whiskey". Arthur replied sending a smirk to his old friend as she shook her head.

"Was I asking you?" Polly rolled her eyes. "Angel, you remember Finn?"

"Of course". Angel giggle ruffing up the little lads hair. "My my how you have grown". She smiled as she sat next to the said boy. "You don't remember me do you?" She sighed.

"I think so". He breathed.

"How long has it been?" Tommy wondered.

"I haven't been here for three years". She sang. "Me and the girls left to meet the boys in London". She replied. "I haven't seen you since before the war". She realised.

"It was saddening to come back and our little Crawford wasn't here waiting". Arthur sighed sitting opposite the girl. "But, Polly explained".

"Sorry". Polly breathed as she handed Angel her tea and placed her own on the table.

"It's ok". Angel smiled. "I was sad to leave without saying goodbye to you all". Angel admitted. "But my dad, he needed special treatment".

"It's ok". Arthur smiled. "We know".

The door to the Shelby household opened and then closed again. Everyone seemed to freeze as they knew who had come in, they knew what would happen.

Footsteps could be heard making their way to the kitchen like she and Arthur had done so earlier.

"Hey aunt Pol-". The door opened and John Shelby stood in the doorway ready to ask his aunt something, but when he saw the girl he used to love sat in his kitchen he froze.

"Hello". She smiled weakly not wanting to be rude.

"Look who came back". Tommy smirked up at Arthur who only surpassed a laugh. "Isn't it just great".

"We came back and you left". John muttered. "Where'd you go?"

"Didn't Polly tell you". She glanced over to the older women who nodded saying she had.

"She did". John shrugged. "But I want you to say it".

"I went to London". Angel sighed. "My father needed help". She admitted. "He died a year ago". She added. "Lasted a long time, but in the end, he couldn't fight it much longer".

"He was a good man".