THREE

ANGEL walked into her home, closing the door quietly behind her, she didn't want to wake any of her family

She didn't want a lecture from one of her brothers for how late she was, or how tipsy she was. But to her luck, footsteps could be heard heading to the top of the stairs.

She thought about hiding, maybe ducking away into the living area where they wouldn't see her, but then again. Her sisters probably already knew she wasn't back, after all, she shared a room with the two of them.

"Well, well". She froze as she heard the voice of her sister from the stairs. "Look who came home".

"Bella". Angel sang as she turned round to face her older sister. "How are you?"

"Have you been drinking?" Bella scrunched her nose up as she looked closely to the girl in front of her. "You have". She gasped. "You've been drinking".

"I only had one". Angel lied. "Ok, maybe two". She sighed. "Four".

"Angel". Bella raised a brow.

"Two bottles". She smiled. "But I shared it with Arthur". She added. "He had some".

"I don't care". Bella shook her head. "All I want to know is, how was it?" She breathed as she walked down the steps and to the girl in front of her. She smiled weakly as she linked arms with her sister and led her back up the steps, helping her walk as they did so.

"How was what?" Angel raised a brow. "Drinking?"

"Seeing him". Bella blurted out catching Angel by surprise, she didn't think her sister would even think to ask, she thought Bella wouldn't care.

"It was-". Angel looked down and gulped down her worry. "It was worrying". She admitted. "He barely spoke, only to ask where we were". Bella offered her sister a smile as she pushed their bedroom door open to a waiting Beth.

Beth looked up from her bed and smiled when she saw the two enter.

"I sent Bella". Beth breathed. "If Dom or Rich saw me, they'd think I was sneaking out". She rolled her eyes as Bella let Angel go and plonked herself on her bed next to Beth's and Angels.

Angel mimicked her actions by doing the same on her bed, she watched as Beth turned round, her legs swinging off of her bed as she stared at her younger sister waiting for her to speak up.

"How are they?" Beth asked.

"Arthur is a drunk". Angel giggled. "Like always". She smiled when Beth chuckled. "Tommy is as cocky as ever". She added. "Finn has grown oh so much".

"And John?"

"John...". Angel sighed. "Well, John is John". She smiled. "Annoying, infuriating".

"That's not John". Beth pointed out.

"He barely even spoke to me". Angel cried as she laid back onto her bed, her legs dangling over the edge as she moved her arm up to her forehead.

"He probably felt guilty". Bella pointed out. "I mean, he comes in, his ex lover is sat at his table or couch wherever you were".

"Yeah, he left you to marry another women". Beth added. "He had to have felt a little guilty".

"Well". Angel began. "She's dead".

"She's what?" Beth asked. 

"Who?" Bella asked.

"Martha". Angel stated. "The girl he married, Arthur told me all about them".

"That's nice". Bella rolled her eyes. "Here an old friend comes, someone who used to date his brother. So he decides to tell her about said mans wife".

"He has four children".

"Well, we knew that". Bella sighed.

"Jackson, Harry and Katie, then there's James". Angel sighed once more. "She died after James was born".

"Angel-". Bella began but was stopped when her sister shot up.

"I'm fine". Angel shrugged. "Me and John are over". She breathed. "We already knew that, we knew coming back here, there was nothing for me".

"But he must still care". Bella stated taking her sisters hand while Beth moved to Bella's bed and took her other one.

"He must". Beth agreed. "He was reluctant to leave you, he only did it because he was sent off".

"Honestly I am over it". Angel pulled her hands back. "Me and John Shelby are over". She stood up and walked over to her dressers. "It's fine".

Beth and Bella shared a look as their sister removed her dress from her body and replaced it with her silk laced purple night gown.

"He loved you". Bella breathed.

"Not enough".

"It was enough for him to tell his brothers".