𝙁 𝙊 𝙐 𝙍 𝙏 𝙀 𝙀 𝙉

Chapter 14
I was knocked off my feet and pushed backwards, being pulled out of my moment with Spiderman and brought back to reality. I skidded backwards on my butt, my hands scrapped against the ruff surface of the roof, coming to a stop near the edge. My hands were scuffed and cut, and I had some scratches on my legs. Spiderman was slowly getting up, letting out a groan. I guess he was still sore from earlier. I now know Electro wasn't done with his night with Spiderman, so he ended up here finding both of us. He had thrown lightening or some sort of blue electricity. I don't know but some sort of electric bolt came out of his hands, and he aimed it at us. Blue and white bolts flew threw the air, webs as well. Spiderman was trying to get Electro to calm down, dogging bolts and occasionally shooting a web to move. Electro was yelling at him things like " You said you needed me!!" Or " I don't know why this happened".  I didn't really understand why he was telling Spiderman this, but that was for another time. Spiderman could calm him down. Listening to what Electro was saying he clearly didn't want to be like this, but that didn't change the fact that he still brought destruction upon this city. I was thinking back to all of my science classes and electricity lessons we did, trying to think of connections that I could use to help Spiderman.
Electricity equals electrons
Electricity to lightening bolt
Lightening bolt to shock
Lightening bolt to water
WATER!!
That's it. Water. I need to get water. I started to get up. Trying to be as discreet as possible. I was focusing on the fire escape, seeing blue flashes out of the corner of my eye. I heard cracks and the sound of someone jumping. I kept walking, looking around every now and then. I was about to step onto the fire escape, planning to head down until I heard..
"WATCH OUT!!"
I looked turned around to face whatever was coming towards me. I saw a flash of blue and white lightening leave Electro's finger tips, heading straight towards me and the fire escape. I knew if it hit the metal, it wouldn't only electrocute the metal but it would electrocute me as well. Taking a deep breath I pushed off of my back foot leaping to Spiderman. He caught onto what I was doing and grabbed me by the waist, and jumped off the roof with me clinging onto him. He had shot a web to the nearest building and we were now swinging around, only be held by a spider web. How, I don't even know but I don't want to jinx anything. He was was moving us back towards my apartment, probably to drop me off. I was right. We landed on my fire escape safely, while he turned around to face me.
" Hey are you ok?" He asked while placing his hands on my shoulders.
" Yeah, you?"
" I could be better"
" I could tell while you were with him"
" Ya, speaking of him, I got to go finished what was going on up there" He said while turning around to head back up to the roof. Though I was quick enough to grab his arm and stop him for a second.
" Woah, woah, woah. You can't go back. Just go home"
" No, I have to go stop him. Please just stay inside so I know your safe"
" No. I still remember what you look like when you first got here. I don't want that to happen again!" I said, trying to knock some sense it of him.
" I'm sorry. But this is my job. Please just stay inside, for me?" He said, his big white eyes changing size.
" N-no, please just don't go back up?" I said giving him puppy dog eyes.
" I have to. Be safe" he said, give my shoulders a small squeeze and jumping off the fire escape, fading into the dark night. I wasn't going to listen to him, so I instead opened my window ever so quietly and went back to my original plan. Once I was back in my room I closed my window, and thought about where we held a huge container that I could fill with water, and get up the fire escape at the same time. Moving towards the kitchen I was extra quiet encase my brother or dad woke up. I mean how was I supposed to explain how I was in the same clothes from this morning at midnight? I opened some cabinets, just looking at any big container that could possibly help me. All I really wanted to do was knock him out that way me and Spiderman could get off the roof and be safe. I'm not doing this to hurt Electro, I'm doing it to give Spiderman a hand. Like we hadn't been up there more than 30 minutes, so he was probably still tired from earlier. I didn't want to risk anything getting worse for him. I eventually found a pretty large plastic pitcher.
Perfect!!
I filled it up with water, and started to head back to my room. As I was walking back to my room I stepped on something and nearly lost my balance, causing the water to slosh a bit. There was water on the ground, but thankfully I didn't make a lot of noise. Once I got to my room I put the pitcher down and opened the window. I listened for a second just be sure if they were still up there. I heard a muffled sound, a grunt and some cracks of probably lightening or electricity so yeah, they were still there. I grabbed the pitcher, and kept my window opened a bit, and started my way up the fire escape. I went up very slowly and tried to stay as quiet as possible. If Spiderman found out I was on my way back up, I don't know what he would do. I knew I was getting closer to the top because the noise was getting louder, and there weren't many stairs to go. Once I was close to the top I peeped the top part of my head, just so that my eyes and the top of my head were showing and I saw that Electro's back was to me.
Perfect again!!
Spiderman was moving around and I don't think had seen me. I quickly and as quietly as possible started to climb up the stairs. See I could say that this was nothing, and all I was going to do was dump water on the blue and high voltage person in front of me and stay completely calm. But that is all incorrect. As I was getting higher, my heart rate increased, and I was beyond scared. If this didn't knock him out for at least a couple seconds I was a goner.
Moving closer my hands began to shake, and was causing the water to slosh a little. I took a deep breath and counted down.
1
2
3
I launched the pitcher in front of me. The water went flying, hitting Electro everywhere. He let out a large and very loud roar of pain, so I knew I did something. I was moving backwards, watching electro spark and slowly fall to the ground. It was like it was all I slow motion, and everything around me had blacked out. I couldn't really hear anything around me, and it's like the world around me slowed everything down. Closing my eyes because everything was slowing down it was hard to focus. My vision was kind of blurry, and like I said, I couldn't hear much. I didn't know why I was feeling this but I knew it wasn't good. Walking backwards trying to stay away from electro and be safe, I was stumbling, trying to make way towards the fire escape. I felt something grab my arm and it pulled me up, off the ground into someone's chest. The chest of someone I had nearly kissed, someone I was trying to avoid while doing this.
Spiderman.
This has happened. What, 5 times tonight?
"What are you doing, you could have gotten yourself killed?" He exclaimed, holding me tighter. We were swinging around like we usually do, trying to get away. I groaned a little, opening my eyes and trying to focus on my surroundings.
" Do you really think I was going to leave you up there with him alone. You faced him once tonight and almost passed out when you were with me. I wasn't going to leave you to handle him yourself" I felt the cool wind hit my face as we flew through the city.
" But you could have gotten hurt!"
" But I didn't did I!?" I fired back.
" No, but you put yourself in a lot of danger. Trust me I've tried water before. It knocks him out depending on how much you use for only a little while, then he will vaporize it with electromagnetic fields. And with the little you threw on him, he was probably only out for like 45 seconds. And you looked like you were about to pass out"
" Oh"
" Just please don't do it again. I enjoy having you as a friend to talk to and I don't want you in danger. Now he knows I care about you and I don't know what he'll do if he gets his hands on you. And I would never want that to happen..." He rambled on. We landed outside my window for the second time tonight.
" Hey, nothing is going to happen to me" I said putting my hand on his face, caressing his cheek which was covered by his mask.
" You don't know that though"
" I have you here to help me though don't I?" I replied.
" Always" He said leaning his head into my hand.
" That's what I thought"
" H-hey.." He said.
" Hi"
" C-can I finish what we started earlier?"
Wait, hold up. Is he talking about what I think he is?
" And that might be?" I said, playing dumb. Why not tease him a bit?
" This" He said. He pulled his mask up just a little, only so I could see his lips and part of his nose. He pressed our foreheads together, and tilted his head to the side. My hand had slowly moved to holding his shoulder, and he still had an arm tightly around my waist. I saw his big white eyes close into black, and I did the same. And then I felt it. His soft lips press against mine. He moved one of his hands up to cup my cheek, and I wrapped my arms around his neck like earlier. Our lips moved in sync, but not for long. As he pulled away, we leaned our foreheads back together and just smiled. I looked down, trying to hide the small blush on my cheeks, while smiling like crazy.
" I'll see you tomorrow, right" He said.
" Of course. I might be a little late just because I need to see my mom"
" Ok, I hope it goes well" He said, giving me a small squeeze around my waist.
" Yeah, me too" I said looking down, just the thought of her could make my spirts drop.
" Hey, it will be ok. Don't worry" He said, tilting my face back up so I was facing him.
" Ok" I brought my arms back down, so they were moving from his neck, to his shoulders, and onto his chest. I saw the time on my watch and it was 1:00 am.
" Shoot, its really late"
" Oh yeah. Stay safe"
" Right back at ya" I said, beginning to untangle myself from him.
" Goodnight Amelia" He said.
" Night Spidey" I turned around ready to open my window, before I felt his hand grab my wrist and pull me back into him.
" What now-" I was cut off by him quickly pecking my lips. He then let go of me and said a quick goodnight and hopped off the fire escape, fading into the darkness of the night below me. I touched my lips, still having the tingly feeling of his pressed to mine. I smiled to myself and climbed back into my room.
It's been one hell of a night.

Hey Guys!!
I'm so sorry Ive been inactive. My parents took my iPad so I wasn't able to write. School just started so it will also be a little harder to get chapters up as fast, but I will not stop uploading. I know this one isn't as long, but I thought it was cute.
Pls vote and comment, it makes my day!!
Xoxo,
Ava