Chapter Eleven: Dragged Along

I woke up by Nole shaking the crap out of me. "Jesus..! I'm awake, I'm awake!" I said while sitting up and pushing his hand off me. I rubbed my eye's and put my glasses on. "Anyway, tonight's prom." He reminded me. I sighed. "Oh well, I'm staying home." I said while laying back down. "No your noooot!" He said while shaking me teasingly. "Why should I go?" I asked while he stopped. "Well, you wanna go with Alyssa, right? So, you have to in order to see her." He said. "Either way, I forgot to ask her ahead of time so there's no point now." I said. He sighed and crossed his arms. "Listen, just do it for me. Pleeeease?" He said with his puppy eye's. I sighed and sat up. "Only for you." I said while teasingly pinching his cheek and got up. He smiled and quickly got out his phone. I stretched my back and headed to my Dad's old room. He owned all the tuxedo's. I'm sure he won't miss a single one, just like I don't miss him. I took one of the black tuxedo's out of his closet and placed it on the old bed. I also took out a white button-shirt. I sat that on the side of the tuxedo and looked for some tuxedo pant's. I soon found a pair and threw it on the bed and quickly got undressed. I began putting on the pant's and heard a knock at the door. It opened. "Um..Sorry! Nole told us to come over and tell you we were here and..!" She began to say. It was Megan. "It's okay." I said while pulling up the pant's and grabbing a belt and she shut the door with her bright red face. I put the belt on and quickly put on the button shirt and buttoned it up. I put on the tuxedo and fixed my collar. I got a tie and quickly put it around my neck and tied it. I walked out of the room and headed towards the living room, which was where they were all at. "Sorry for taking so long.." I said while adjusting my sleeve. They all stared at me. "What..?" I said. "Your not going to prom with that messy hair, are you?" Alyssa asked. "Why? What's so wrong with it?" I asked. "Nothing.." She said. I knew she was lying, but I didn't really care at the moment. "Alright, well, my car's out front so..Me and Meg will wait in the car till you guy's are ready." She said and took Meg's hand and walked out of the room. I yawned. "You ready to go?" Nole said while coming into the room while fixing his tie. I looked at him. "Where'd you get the tux so fast?" I asked him.  "I burrowed your's." He said and stuck his tongue out. I laughed and we hurried out of the house and to Alyssa's car. We quickly got in and she began driving. "So.." Meg said trying to break the silence. "Who's excited?" She asked. "Me!" Alyssa and Nole said happily. "Eh, I'm getting dragged along so.." I began to say. "And anyway, isn't prom a few hours later?" I asked. "Yeah, that's why we're celebrating early." Alyssa said. "Why are we celebrating?" I asked. "Because..! Prom is suppose to be your the best thing in High School for a student to remember!" Nole said. I sighed. I still don't understand why I have to go though..It's not like High School is my funeral or something... 

I leaned against the wall with a cup of fruit-punch in my hand. The lights were dimmed and people were dancing to the slow weird 'romantic' music. I sighed and took a sip of the cup in my hand. Nole ended up dancing with some girls somewhere in the room and I lost track of Alyssa and Meg. This is boring.. I felt somebody tap my shoulder. "Oh, sorry am I in your-" I said while getting ready to move but then noticed who they were. "Ethan..?" I said confused. "Hey." He said. "What are you doing here..?" I asked. "I need to talk with you.." He said. "Alright..?" I said. I got more relaxed again and leaned against the wall and took a sip of the fruit-punch again. "So?" I said. "Um..Well, you see...Connor is coming to his apartment in the city and he want's to see you and the others.." He said. I took the cup away from my mouth and looked at him. "Connor? Really..?" I said. "Yes.." He said while fiddling with his fingers. "Listen, I can't go anywhere." I said. "Why?" He asked while looking at me shocked. I sighed angrily. "I just can't, okay?" I said trying not to make it sound so harsh. "Is it because of family reasons or something? I could try and talk to them." He said. I paused for a moment and laughed a little. "It has nothing to do with my family..Nevermind, just tell me where I have to go to see him." I said while looking out into the crowd. A smile came across his face. "Well, I'm going to see him around eight P.M. tomorrow.." He began to say. "I'll come see you then." I said and put the cup back up to my mouth and took a sip. "Thank you! I'll make it worth your time, I promise, Zack." He said and grinned. "I've gotta go now, but I'll see you then!" He said happily and walked away. I sighed. I don't care if it's worth my time, but I just hope I'm worth his time..Connor's a busy man and we both know that... I sighed and took the cup away from my mouth. So why would he wanna see me out of all people..? I yawned. I heard a thud against the wall on the other side. What the..? I sat my cup down and looked around me. I walked out of the gymnasium, where the prom was being held, and walked to where I thought the thud came from. I soon found a room and creaked it open a little so I could see what was going on. I couldn't really see anything and first so I quickly walked in and slowly closed the door behind me. I looked for the light and turned it on. I saw Alyssa and Meg frozen with their lips together. I froze. I felt my heart sink a little. I tugged at my tie. "Sorry, I thought I heard an animal.." I said and helped myself towards the door. Alyssa turned me around. "Um..You don't plan on-" I cut her off. "Don't worry, I know when to keep a secret and when not to." I said and gave her a smiled and winked with a thumbs up. She laughed and smiled. I could tell Meg was blushing. "Well, don't let me interrupt you two any longer.." I said and quickly hurried out of the room and closed the door behind me. I sighed and felt the smile on my face fade. I guess I'm glad I didn't ask her..Because that would've interfered with their 'plan's'... I pushed up my glasses.