Chapter [5] Dangerous Duo

"Alright Sparky" he smirks before backing up, "meet me in the arena." And like that he left as I look over at Braxton.

"Arena? Like to fight? I promise you Braxton he doesn't know how-" Braxton just smiles and can't help but even laugh as he slaps his knee leaning back to catch his breath.

"He's really found a challenge with you hasn't he? Easy on the guy he's a bee without a sting to someone to you," I smile back at him before reaching in my jacket pocket to grab out my boxing tape.

"I don't go easy Brax... I get dirty," I smirk as he nods before I wrap up my hands in tape before jogging past the on-lookers such as Venom and Viper themselves. I felt weightless and high strung against the wandering eyes as I was starting to approach the doors of the arena. I take one deep breath to calm my nerves before I swing open the doors to the arena with a shirtless Curly awaiting his hands already wrapped up, "Ready Raven?"

"Real question is are you?" I say giving him a sly smile before seductively pushing him back as the members swarmed in to watch us brawl.

"You really do make an entrance huh Raven?" He scoffs with such a mocking tone that I quickly turn to face him a sly smile still lingering on my lips.

"Save your talks for the ring Curly," I say innocently as I play with one of his loose curls falling from his face, "Game on."

As soon as those words slipped my mouth we both bounced back on the balls of our feet shifting our weight side to side as we continued to lock eye contact. I see his left foot go back as I mirror him with my right foot. I quickly step forward swinging an uppercut to his jaw before he grabbed my wrist and twisted it behind my arm. I gasp in pain and surprise as he slowly started putting weight on me trying to push me down. I stiffen my back and flex my legs before bringing us both to a standing position before freeing my arm and kicking him right in his side below his rib. He growls lowly before locking eye contact with me. I step back slowly circling the circle as he follows suit.

I bounce forward still on the balls of my feet as he jumps closer toward me, with my arms up blocking my face I quickly tighten my right hand to deliver a powerful blow right to the cheek as he stumbles back. I quickly take this chance while he's stumbling to lock his knee with a kick to the back of the knee. As he's falling I lay him down crawling on top of him. I lay his hands about his head tightly as he forcefully tries to pull himself up. I scoot up so that my knees are now pinning down his arms as I give him one more punch to the face blood covering the right side of his cheek as I gently wiped some away.

"Not bad," he says before throwing himself up and freeing his arms from under my knees. He quickly pushes me off him before standing up and while I'm still down he takes the advantage to kick me in the rib. I cough slightly, mainly taken aback my his stamina and endurance. I look up at him as everyone around us yells for us to fight and then I catch a glimpse of a blade sticking out of a hole in his pocket.

In the  heat of the moment I smack him so hard across the face before twisting his wrist behind his back and pushing him down to the ground by his head.

"If you ever pull a knife out on me,"and with that I slammed his head against the arena floor, "I promise I'll win with or without one." I growl before standing up and dusting myself off. Everyone looked at me completely taken aback as I start to feel vanished, unwelcomed, and set up. Then he stands up and starts clapping abruptly the whole gang was clapping as I turned around to see a gash to the left of his head and a black eye forming. I bite my lip shyly as he approaches me.

"I'd never pull a knife out on you ya know?" He says looking down at me as I continue to look down at the floor. He cupped my chin and made me look at him, "I see a fighter in you Raven. You're one of my kind. I don't turn on my kind."

"Mi familia," I whisper as he offers me a hand up. I smile taking his gesture as he helps me up my ribs a little sore but I knew nothing compared to what Curlys feeling.

"I should probably clean you up. Least I could do for you," I say softly before brushing his knuckles in attempts to grab his hand. He smirks.

"Do you trust me yet?" He asks softly as I look up at him slightly smiling.

"I need a couple of answers from you first and then we'll see how much trust I can give," I say as we walk out the arena Braxton outside waiting patiently with a big old cheeky grin across his face.

"She got your ass," he chuckles slapping his knee, "My boy, when I told you she was a challenge I'm talking grade A Level challenge."

"She's clearly a Raven Braxton. I'll give you that," he says as I look up at him. My heart heated whenever he called me Raven as I could literally feel my mother's presence and warmth wrapped around me. When he called me Raven I felt like my mom was still living on, through me, which is the best gift I could give mi mama.

We slowly depart as we head back to the warehouse the silence peaceful and silently tense.

"What's your real name?" I blurt out as no one has told me and I don't even know his agent name.. how can I trust someone or even think about it when I don't know facts about them, just opinions.

"First name basis? I'm not ready for that. But I am the Agent Shadow," He says smirking as my mouth dropped. He's the leader. That's why I had to fight him, so he could see my usefulness on the field.

"Shadow," I breathe slowly as he looks down on me his cocky arrogance worn in that smile of his.

"I'm Shadow. Braxton's my granddad. And this is the Scorpion cartel. And you are apart of it," he says biting his lip as we walk down the hall to the back of the warehouse to the bathroom.

"I'm here for one reason Shadow.. and I need you're help.. and in return I'll stay with you forever as a Scorpion," I say breathing heavily as he takes off his shirt his side slightly swollen from my kick.

"For Braxton I'll help. And stay with the scorpions or don't. We need family not company," he says as I nod taking his words to heart as it burns like it does when my mothers around.

"My mom seven years ago was murdered in my own house right in front of me. I remember it so clearly Shadow like it was just a dream. It actually was how I woke up from my dream. I heard gun shots and went downstairs to see mom being assaulted by three men. When one attempted to shoot her I threw a glass object through his hand. After that this guy holding her wringed her neck and saw my moms eyes roll right back in her head. I ran and ran until all I could do was fall. With my last bit of strength and stamina I climbed that tree and cried myself through the night. My dad was supposed to come home.. he never did. He never called he never protected us he never was a dad. He was just a wolf of wall street kind of guy," I say tears silently rolling down my cheeks in little hot droplets of tears. He looks at me shocked to hear that Raven has died and that I'm here to help avenge.

"Raven, how can I help you?" He asks softly, "how can the scorpions help you."

"I must find my dad."

-

Still enjoying this writing piece gahhhh

Thanks babes