Hana wrapped her own feelers all over the Electric-type and he melted in her hold before giving her a short lick in the muzzle.

His fingers brushed against the flower behind her ear; the one that started everything between them. "No matter what... I promise, I'll never forget you."

"I'll never forget you, either."

What we've shared from the start
Feels like one beating heart
I choose you
I choose you

-o-

Time went by... a year, to be specific.

Ash and Serena always kept in touch; and so did their Pokémon. Videocalls, messages, phone calls, letters... went on and on and on.

During Ash's time in Alola and Serena's in Hoenn, the two preteens could feel something extremely special for one another and the feelings kept growing.

Both Pikachu's and Hana's mind was occupied by the other more than they could muster. Throughout battles and performances, everyone was changing, everything was growing.

A day came when they could finally reunite. Ash and Serena had chosen a special spot to keep a promise and see each other again. It was a surprise for Pikachu and Sylveon, though...

"We're here, buddy!" Ash Ketchum hollered to the top of his lungs as he exited the airplane, his most faithful Pokémon on his right shoulder.

"Pika Pika! (Now you'll finally tell me!)" the mouse exclaimed, excited. "Pikachu Pika?! (Where the heck are we?!)"

Ash chuckled to himself, liking the feeling of keeping a secret to a Pokémon. "Soon enough, you'll know..."

The two friends rented a bike and travelled far away, following a dirt path across the hills that served as their route. It was exciting, nostalgic even.

And Pikachu let his mouth hang agape as the breeze brushed against his fur. The ride made his heart beat faster and faster, specially when they reached a meadow, surrounded by large trees and shrubs.

It was familiar.

A scent reached Pikachu's nose and he inhaled it deeply, melting with hunger. "Pika! (Delicious!)" He leapt off Ash's shoulder as the boy stopped the yellow bike.

The mouse ran and ran, following the smell and trying to decipher it.
"Pi Pi...? (Are those...?)" He kept sniffing the air for clues.

Going under one of the bushes, he resurfaced to find what he was looking for.

"Pi Pikachu~! (Ketchup Poképuffs~!)"

The Pikachu jumped into the basket that contained the treats, forgetting about everything for just that moment.

"Piiii! (Yum!)" the Electric-type hummed before biting deep into his favorite food in the world. Then he heard a giggle. It came just from his left side.

How didn't he notice before...? He (reluctantly) threw the Poképuff away, though he was ecstatic nonetheless. "Pikapi~! (Serena~!)" He found himself nuzzling himself into her arms.

"I missed you, too, Pikachu..." she stated, blue eyes softened.

"Pikachu, dude!" Serena's mischievous Pokémon grinned, glancing at him.

"Pikachu!" the fox called, resting her head on her hand pleasingly

Ash's Pikachu laughed. "Guys, you too?!" He glanced around, hoping to spot somebody special.

"Not just us..." Braixen smiled knowingly. "There's someone waiting for you inside." She pointed at the darker woods next to them.

"Really...?" he mused, a bit confused.