Let's travel together

"Is everything ready?" Braixen asked the two small Pokémon the next day, during breakfast.

"Grandma told me everything I needed to know. We'll travel on a Pokémon!" Eevee squealed as she stuffed a pink Poképuff in her mouth.

"Nice!" Pikachu grinned. "I can't wait to go back to Kanto!"

"And the Eeveelution Forest," he said to himself; he still hadn't told Eevee that he had already been there... and exhiled, so it was better if she didn't know that part...

"So when are you leaving?" asked Pancham, curiously staring at them.

"Exactly…" Eevee glanced at the clear blue sky from the window. "'When the sun is at the highest point,' Grandma said, so I guess she means at noon."

"We still have things to prepare, though. Like our trainers…" Pikachu grimaced uncomfortably as he took a sip of his ketchup bottle.

"Yeah... Ash and Serena really don't have a clue," Talonflame added. "But what can you do about it? You know they won't understand you..."

"Hmm," both Pikachu and Eevee pondered.

Suddenly Pikachu's ears rose up. "I have an idea!"

"Wait here! Eevee, hold my ketchup," he swiftly ordered before sprinting away towards the raven-haired boy.

"What are you gonna do, Pikachu?" Eevee hollered but he was already formulating his plan.

The yellow mouse jumped on his trainer's lap. "Good morning, Pikachu! You okay, buddy?" Ash inquired, looking down at him.

"Pika!" the Electric-type chirped, jumping on his shoulder and reaching out his paws.

"Eh? Pikachu, what are you doing一 hey! Give back my hat!"

Pikachu had now the red and white hat on his head and ran through the open door of the Pokémon Center, giving a little mocking laugh.

"Come back!" Ash cried, chasing after him.

"Ah~ Some things just never change, do they?" the mouse thought, nostagic, to himself.

"Huh? Why did Pikachu steal Ash's hat? He never does things like that..." Bonnie questioned, exasperated.

"Something must be going on for Pikachu to want Ash attention like that," Clemont deduced.

"Pikachu! Pikachu, stop it!" Ash exclaimed as he ran in circles after his companion. "It's not funny!"

Without noticing, he ended up tripping over the Pokémon and falling on the wooden floor. "Well, maybe a little..." he admitted, chuckling a bit.

"Pikapi! (Ash!)" Pikachu stood in front of him, handing back the hat to its owner.

"Ah, thanks, Pikachu..." Ash got up, putting it on.

When he turned around, Serena noted, "Hey, your cap looks a little different from before."

"What?" he muttered, puzzled; then, looking at it from the front, he noticed the (small) difference: instead of the red, half Pokéball design, it was replaced by a boomerang-shaped green streak.

"My original hat..." Ash smiled sincerely, feeling his heart flutter for a second.

"Pika? Pikapi! (See it now? Ash!)" Pikachu squealed as Ash picked him up tenderly.

"You found this in my bag, didn't you~" The trainer grinned at the Pikachu. "I always keep it with me, for luck. But why now?"

"Pikachu!" the mouse answered, waving his little hands.