{Chapter 11} I am Not Just Your Little Puppet

Start from the beginning

            "I have something to show you.." You breathed and started pulling him under the waterfall. In behind was a little rock ledge just over water level in a little alcove. Kankuro looked around in awe.

            "This is amazing!" He exclaimed. You studied his features. His makeup was washed off, and you always liked seeing his face that way. "Hey how did y-" Kankuro started to speak but stopped as your hand went up and touched his face.

            'He's so handsome..' You thought as your hand drifted lightly down his chest and stomach. 'And so muscular..' You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't really notice him staring at you. Your face went beat red as his arms wrapped around your waist. He leaned his head down, you tilted yours up. And your lips melted together. It didn't feel like any other kiss you'd ever had, and it didn't feel like those playful teasing kisses between the two of you before. This felt... Real.

            Your heart raced as your arms snaked around his neck, pulling him closer. His hands drifted to the backs of your knees and lifted you up so you were sitting on the ledge, your legs on either side of him. He pushed you gently backwards so you were laying on the rock with him hovering over you. He looked you dead in the eye and brushed your bangs out of your face. He had a concerned look in his eye.

            "Are you-" You cut him off with your finger on his lips, then nodded, smiling softly.

            You both sat at the edge of the spring now in your clothes, staring up at the stars. Kankuro had his arm around you and your head was on his shoulder. You sighed contently as he turned his head and kissed your forehead.

            "We should probably get going." You mumbled, not wanting to move. Kankuro sighed.

            "Yeah we probably should." You both got up and you started leading him out of the forest, when he stopped you with his arm around your waist. He pulled you into him and kissed you softly, then pressed his forehead against yours.

            "We should probably just keep this between the two of us... For now..." He stated.

            "I agree." You laughed nervously as you both started to leave.

            "But I'm going to hold your hand on the way back. Gotta protect you from big bad monsters!" He chuckled while grabbing your hand. You giggled and smiled up at him innocently.

            "I'm okay with that."

ADIRA'S P.O.V

            You cuddled into Gaara's chest on the couch while you both watched a movie. You were exhausted from the very eventful afternoon.

*earlier that day*

            You and Gaara were walking down the street trying to find something to do. To be quite honest you didn't think Gaara cared too much what you did, he just kind of does whatever you do.

            "So do you want to get something to eat?" You asked. Gaara just made a small noise. You blinked then rolled your eyes and turned around, stopping in front of him. He just stared at you.

            "You gotta help me out here, what do you want to do? We can't just walk around aimlessly." You put your hands on your hips. After a bit of silence he finally replied.

            "What would you like to eat? I'll buy." Well at least he was sweet in the fact that he wanted to treat you. You smiled and took his hand, leading him down the road and around the corner. You were about to go to Ichiraku's when Gaara stopped and tugged you back lightly. You looked at him in confusion.