Chapter 4: Making lemons into lemonade

I decided to wait for Alison in the one place I knew she'd be every afternoon – the Wendy's down the street from the office.

"Hello Alison," I said quietly from a booth right as she walked in the door and took a long sip of my lemonade, "Fancy seeing you here."

"Oh Laura! You scared me, hah!" I'd never seen her look so caught off guard.

"I'm so sorry again about what happened. It was nothing personal, just business." She couldn't even muster the courage to look me in the eyes.

I chuckled, "Oh no I get it. Just like you and Jess Elwood's plan to cook the books and buy yourself a piece of paradise in Bora Bora isn't personal either huh?" Alison's face turned completely white.

"I could go to HR and report your little plan, but I have a better idea. You hire me back, double my salary, and we'll forget any of this ever happened."

"I don't think I can do...", Alison stammered.

"Oh I know you can't, but your little boyfriend definitely can."

So that's how I got my sweet, sweet revenge. Not only did I get back at Alison for firing me, but I got quite the promotion! And to make up for my raise, Alison actually took over my old job. And part of her duties?

Fetching me a sweet, tart, refreshing Wendy's All-Natural Lemonade.

Every. Single. Day.

Just so she knows you don't mess with Laura Saunders.

Like I said, I'm not a bad person. I'm actually sweet and kind. But you can't mess with Laura Saunders and not expect some kind of retaliation.

Because, as they say ... when life gives you lemons ... make a tall glass of sweet, cold, refreshing revenge.

And then get a refreshing Wendy's All-Natural Lemonade to go with it.