Chapter 4

(KRISTAL'S POV)

     I woke up to a vision of white. I jumped at the sight of white fluffy goo dripping down my body. Was that... whipped cream? I tasted a bit, it was! What the fuck?!

    That's when I heard the snickers coming from outside my bunk. I flung the thick blue curtain aside to see five sheepish looking boys smiling down at me with bottles of cream in hand.

     "Time to wake up, Kris! We gave you breakfast in bed, see?" exclaimed Liam, as they all scurried to different parts of the bus before I could fight back. Surprised that Liam allowed this. I helped myself onto my wheelchair and rolled over to the living space.

    "Liam, pass me a spoon? I need to eat my breakfast," I said with a glare, gesturing to the white ooze. His skin paled as he responded,

    "Um... we don't use spoons?"

    "Well, pass me a knife then. Don't give me that look, forks are more dangerous than knives! They're like four little knives all connected, they're all sharp and pointy!" I shuddered. He considered for a minute, then passed me a butter knife with a rounded edge. I thanked him and started skinning the whipped cream off my body.

    "Today's our media day. We don't have a concert, but we have 2 magazine interviews, 1 radio interview, and... WE'RE GOING ON THE ELLEN SHOW!" Zayn explained, referring to the popular talk show,

    "Ohmigod! I love Ellen! When do we have to leave?" I asked. I really do love Ellen Degeneres.   

    "Like... 20 minutes? You might want to claim the toilet now before Louis... he'll take forever,"

    I rushed into the bathroom, throwing on high waisted floral shorts and a white, flowy v-neck top, tucked in. I ran my hair over with a curling iron and did my usual eye-liner, mascara, and blush and got out of the bathroom just in time to see a scowling Louis staring down at me.

    "Purple, my appearance is more important! Ten minutes is NOT enough for the SWAG MASTAH OF DONCASTAH!" he joked, charging into the bathroom. I sighed, that boy does not have an off switch.

    I went over to Niall in the living area, he was eating a bout of fruit and cereal, tea, bacon, and toast. I swiped his buttered toast of his plate, only to have him catch me by my large panda head ring. I gave him my best puppy eyes and swayed my wheelchair a bit. this bit always worked when I wanted something from my Dad, I've even used it on Anne and Harry a few times. After a few moments, he sighed and realised my hand. Happily munching on my real breakfast, I turned around to see everyone's jaw dropped.

    "...What? I'm a master at puppy eyes," I said

    "Its... its not that, Niall never shares his food," spoke Liam, getting nods from the other boys. I saw Niall blush out of the corner of my eye, he turned the cutest shade of red. I knew Niall maybe liked me a bit, but the boys must be  over exagerating. 

    "Only child syndrome, eh?" I joked. That's when Louis walked out and we all made our way to the first interivew.

(2 HOURS LATER, FIRST MAGAZINE INTERVIEW)

    "Right this way, please wait out here miss," said the snotty intern for L magazine. The boys just got done with a "quick photo shoot" and were now FINALLY being interviewed. The photo shoot was ridiculous, they had to pretend they were having fun and look cute while holding stuffed animals and ropes. Really, ropes? Even Louis wasn't having fun.  

    "No, I am her official guardian for now, she needs to be in the room, no buts," defended Harry. This is when I realized they were talking about me. Technically, my guardian was currently in Cheshire, but since Harry's 18 he could be my guardian. I knew the only reason he was defending me was because I didn't bring any entertainment whatsoever and he knew I could easily be mistaken for a fan and be kicked out.

    "Well, who is she?" said the very flustered (and snippy) woman (or should I say oompa loompa; she was embarrassingly orange). Clearly she didn't want to say no to Harry Styles.

    "She's my stepsister, Kristal, and I want her in the room," demanded Harry. I could tell he was getting ready to blow a full-out superstar tantrum. I was holding back giggles, and trying to give her a slight puppy dog face. She looked down at me in disgust.

    "Your interviewer will be here soon," she huffed, strutting away. the boys and I piled in, playing with the colorful paper clips on the table. We were 5, easy.

    "Hello, I'm Pam Nigeroa, or just Pam, nice to meet you," walked in a woman dressed in dark skinny jeans and a blazer. She gave of the vibe of being busy but relaxed, and I liked her right away. the boys cleared the table of paper clips as I shook her hand

    "Hi! this is Liam, Louis, Zayn, Harry, Niall, and I'm Kristal Johan, Harry's stepsister, I'm on tour with them," I smiled, naming us all in order.

    "Nice to meet you Kristal! Wow, what an interesting story, going on tour with One Direction AND being so close to one of the members! It must be hard, though with a disability. Do you mind if I use you in the spread?" chattered Pam. I got quite flustered and nodded, not sure how to respond.

    "Great! So Kristal, what are the boys really like? Are you and Harry close at home? What usually happens on the tour bus? Any love connections with you and any of them?" I answered with ease until the love question came up. I looked over to see a blushing Niall and a bewildered Harry and Liam. I shyly  shook my head no and asked her to continue.

    "Okay,  so how do you get around on tour? Were you born unable to walk or was their an incident?" she asked. I felt tears prick in my eyes. Does it really matter? I mumbled something about  needing water and left the boys to answer for me. They gave me some sympathetic looks, Niall looked like he was going to rip her head off and followed me out.

    "Hey! You okay? The media are jerks, don't worry, we can ask her not to mention your wheelchair if you want, it'll be okay," he soothed. He sat in a chair next to me and rubbed my shoulder, as I cried silently into his shoulder. Then, he did something I wasn't expecting. He lifted me out of the wheelchair and put me on his lap, kicking the rolling seat to the other side of the room. I cried seeing it roll away, but it felt nice not needing it. I had Niall, I didn't need my wheelchair. I buried my face in his shoulder and cried about anything and everything, as he just comforted me.

     His lap was so warm and soft, I never wanted this moment to end. But of course, it did. He kissed me on the cheek and set me down on a short couch, my wheelchair in reaching distance, and walked back to the interview. I could hear him being scolded for missing most of it. I smiled at his laugh and the boys answers to the question about girls and pranks. I snuggled into the pleather love seat and slowly drifted off to sleep.