Chapter Sixteen

[ these gifs don't correspond, but shows
both reactions to learning who the killer
really was. i couldn't not do this mix tbh.]

[ also, this chapter will be quick pacedand have some mentions of suicideattempts by the blossom girls

and have some mentions of suicide
attempts by the blossom girls. ]

Upon finding out who her beloved brother's murderer was, she was at a loss, in a way. She was hurting now more than ever. Veronica held her close at the lunchroom table before the group saw Jughead Jones come in. Diana's heart stopped as he approached her, apologizing and then her sister.

She watched in a daze as Cheryl attacked him before standing up as Weatherbee came in. "He didn't do anything, he was just apologizing," Betty said, defending Jughead. A nod of agreement came from Diana as she looked at her sister. Sitting back down, she went back into Veronica's arms.

Veronica's fingers ran down her back as she kissed Diana's forehead. Betty gave her a sympathetic look as Archie frowned, looking at the table.

♡♡♡

Later that night, a loud knock came across the doors of Thornhill. All the Blossoms, including Polly, went down the stairs to see who it was at this late hour. Before they were invited in, the Coopers came storming inside the manor. "Don't bother calling the cops. We're not staying." Alice announced, looking at Polly. "Polly, honey, are you okay?" She questioned her daughter, concerned.

Polly looked around, confused before locking eyes with her parents. "Yeah, I'm fine..." Her eyes made their way to Betty's. "Betty, what's going on here?" She questioned her sister, knowing that Betty would tell her.

Betty smiled gently at her sister, hoping to bring comfort to her. "We're here to bring you home, Pol," Betty explained with the same gentle smile as before. Polly was about to speak, but Penelope interrupted fast.

"She's not leaving us." She announced, looking at the blonde with narrowed eyes. "She chose to live here, remember? With a mentally stable family." A devilish smirk graced Penelope's features. She knew it got to Alice when she said that.

Alice huffed loudly before turning to the lady completely. "Oh, I know about your family, Penelope. And the incest." She said, Polly letting out a 'what?' that made Alice look to her once again. "Hal's grandfather wasn't just your grandpappy's murder victim. They were brothers, which made him a Blossom." Alice finished, looking around.

Clifford raised his eyebrows, looking over Alice quite annoyed. "Yeah, so what?" He crossed his arms, wanting them to get out of what he called a house.

Betty's face turned shocked at this. "'So what'?!" She asked incredulously. "So, everything, starting with FP's confession has a few gaping hole in it." She looked at him suspiciously.

As the arguement continued, Diana dozed out. So she was an aunt and second cousin to the twins. Which, by the way, was very confusing. Soon enough, she saw Polly leave Thornhill and the two fingers returned to their sleeping quarters. As did their parents with annoyed grumbles.

♡♡♡

If the whole incest incident wasn't enough, Cheryl came in with a grave look on her face, meaning more was to come in this story. "Betty just called. They know who killed Jason." Cheryl told her sister. Diana looked up at her slowly as she heard the news, breaking into sobs as Cheryl went to confront her father.

Sirens wailed as they stopped in front of Thronhill. Cheryl had her sister in her arms as she, Diana, and Penelope all pointed at the barn that held maple syrup. There, Clifford had committed suicide in order to not pay for his deadly sins.

warning: mention of suicide in this paragraph.
Veronica called that night as Diana sobbed to her girlfriend. That night, her and Cheryl also made a pact. If one committed suicide, the other would follow as they planned their falls and how it'd happen.

♡♡♡

suicide mentions , do not read if
you don't want to . skip to the
next set of hearts. thank you.

CHERYL
'Thank you for trying. Diana and I
are going to be with Jason now.'

The only thing was, one was at the river, the other was already turning blue in the bathtub. As the core four had saved Cheryl, Veronica's question was said out loud. "Where's Diana?" She asked Cheryl. Cheryl coughed coldly. "She's at Thornhill, but she's probably with Jason now." She said.

"Okay, take her to my place, start a fire, warm her up." Veronica instructed, making her way to Thornhill. There Diana was, lying face up, now, but her lips and cheeks blue.

Veronica panicked before pulling her naked body from the tub and trying to give her mouth to mouth. Soon, her girlfriend began to cough out water, making Veronica sigh in relief and hugged her close to her body as she sobbed.

♡♡♡

Through all the pain and the darkness. Betty's jubilee brought sense into the town of Riverdale. However, it brought a new darkness as well.

THE END.