Chapter Eight

Diana sat with her sister and her mannequins, Tina and Ginger

Diana sat with her sister and her mannequins, Tina and Ginger. Cheryl was watching in disgust at a sight that Diana couldn't see on her side next to Tina. Though, she soon found out. "If I would've known Moma Lodge was working as a waitress at Pop's, I would've never given her a spot on the Vixens." Diana rolled her eyes, sipping on her strawberry milkshake. "It's an off-brand, and it sends a false message about acceptance." She crosses her arms.

Tina and Ginger looked at each other, causing Diana to smirk— she knew what they were thinking. "After Veronica's TMZ-style take-down with Chuck, all the Vixens kind of like Veronica now." Cheryl scowled and Diana met eyes with Hermione, smiling softly at her, getting the same kindness returned.

"Do they now?" Cheryl asked sarcastically as Hermione went to get the money from Cheryl's group for the milkshakes. Yet, Cheryl stopped her quickly. "Be sure to put all the money in the cash register. You are a Lodge, after all, and Lodge's tend to have sticky fingers." Cheryl glared up at the Hispanic.

Veronica stood up and Diana had a look of shock on her face. "Cheryl-" Veronica and Diana said at the same time, but both were interrupted by Hermione. The two girls looked at each other briefly, returning their attention to Hermione.

"Cheryl, I went to school with your mother. She didn't know the difference between having money and class either." She said with a sickly sweet, fake smile. She took the money, going to the cash register. Veronica and Diana stared at each other for a moment, and Diana smiled softly. Veronica returned it with a small nod, going back to her booth. Tina and Ginger both winked at Diana causing her to blush and Cheryl to roll her eyes.

Diana and Veronica looked at each other once more as Veronica was going back in and Diana was leaving. Veronica held up a 'call me' symbol making Diana smile enthusiastically. The four got in the Cheryl's car. Loud rock music played, but Cheryl spotted something, telling Diana to turn it down. "I spy with my little eye, Hermione Lodge, full of secrets. Riddle me this, hair models of the damned. Why is Veronica's mother having a clandestine tete-a-tete with a Southside Serpent behind a dumpster at Pop's?" She asked, snapping a picture before driving away.

That night, a strawberry blonde with a silk night gown was painting her toe nails in her room when Veronica called her on FaceTime. "Hey, beautiful," Veronica flirted, causing Diana to playfully roll her eyes, replying with a small hi. "What's wrong?" Veronica asked gently.

"It's just... I want to tell you this before it spreads." Diana mumbled. Veronica's eyebrows knitted together, looking in confusion. "We saw your mom talking to a Southside Serpent. By we, I mean Cheryl, Tina, Ginger, and I. Cheryl got a picture." Diana looked at Veronica, who was not understanding.

"What the hell... Or who the hell is a Southside Serpent?" Veronica asked. She could tell by Diana's face that they were something dangerous. The way Diana avoided eye contact with her and bit her lip, turning it white.

Yet, she still came out with it. Veronica needed to know and she knew that. "They're this dangerous gang and they stay in the southside of Riverdale mainly so we're safe. They're pretty dangerous." She admitted. "Like, once... One of them beat up one of our own on the Northside." She said quietly, but Veronica heard.

"Then what is my mom doing with one?" Veronica question mainly to herself. Diana looked at her softly, hating that she had to bare the bad news. She knew how hurt she would've been if her mom or dad worked with the serpents.

 She knew how hurt she would've been if her mom or dad worked with the serpents

The next day, Veronica Lodge has dragged Diana with her and Betty to Pop's. The two were going to talk to Archie. Arriving and settling in, Diana ordered some cheese fries happily as Betty and Veronica raised their brows and Archie smiled at her. "What? I like my fries." She pouted. Veronica just shook he head with a small smile.

Betty then continued. "Ms. Grundy arrived to Riverdale a year ago. Out of thin air." Betty said, causing Diana to be confused on why they were talking about hers and Archie's music teacher. "No record of her before that. Facebook, LinkedIn... All created a year ago! She's a ghost! She doesn't exist. The only Geraldine Grundy I could find was a woman who died seven years ago." Betty showed Archie the photo.

Pop sat down the cheese fries and Diana began to eat them as Archie looked at them in shock, seemingly hurt. "W... Where did you get all this?" He asked her. He couldn't believe that his friends (not including Diana) were being stalkerish.

Veronica then spoke for the first time. "The dark web, the internet... Jk, it's all online." She said, smiling about but got serious fast. "Simply Googling." Veronica reached over, stealing a fry from Diana, causing the red-head to pout as she looked at the Latina.

"And did you cyber-stalk Grundy before or after you interviewed her for a fake article?" Archie asked, looking at Betty. Diana looked on awkwardly, still not getting what the hell was going on during all of this. "Why are you doing this, Betty? I'm not in any danger." Archie said, passing back the papers to Betty.

Betty sucked in a breath. "You don't know that." The blonde shook her head at the finer boy who still was not getting it at all. Really, that was Diana's job in this situation.

Archie then sighed, moving in closer. "Yeah, Betty, I do. I'm with her. I know what we have." He argues with her. Diana then began fitting the puzzle pieces, Veronica noticed this nodding softly in confirmation. Diana looked at him in shock now.

"She taught Jason Blossom." Betty said, trying to further her argument, making Diana frown at her brother's mentioned name. "Did you know that?"

Archie was getting even more annoyed than he was at first. "She's taught a lot of people. What's your point?" He asked her, his brown eyes scanning her in confusion on what she was getting at, this whole thing was ridiculous, to be honest.

Betty looked at Archie in anger. "My point is, you don't know anything about her, Archie." Her voice rose for a split second, making her breath in to control it. "Does that not worry you?" She asked him calmly.

Archie was done with it now. "Betty, let this go." He said. She tried to get out an 'Archie, please...' but he wasn't having it. "If you're really my friend, you'll let this go." Archie told her, hoping she'd get it now.

Betty sat up straight. "Okay. I'm sorry. I'm done." She spoke. "I'll stop digging." Even though Archie believed it, Diana and Veronica knew differently.