{8- So Much Pain For Someone Who's Already Broken}

Beginne am Anfang

"Eve. . ." I hear my name being called. But it's not from the brothers. It came from somebody else. It sounded like my father's voice. 

"Father?" I question while looking around the room. After looking from left to right, and all around, I turn my head straight forward to see my father standing in front of me. I also realize that we weren't in the bedroom. 

We were at the place where Yui first found me. Near the tree. 

"How is progress?" He questions me. 

I turn my head away because I didn't want to answer him. He would be very displeased if I told him that there hasn't been any progress because I haven't chosen who would be my Adam yet. 

"Eve." Father glares at me and I can hear his fist tightening. 

"I haven't chosen yet because I already told you that I don't want them as my Adam. . . It's his fault why I'm in this mess. Why it has to be them that I have to choose." I glare a bit.

"I don't care. We're running out of time and you need to chose or I will chose for you. And we both know you wouldn't want that, now would we? Or do you prefer this?" 

The room around us darkens and becomes red. The surface is like blood, and my tree withers away. "No!" I scream while looking around. 

My father knows how much this place means to me because it is my safe place. Seeing this side of him terrifies me because he will always get what he wants. He doesn't care if he has to hurt me to do it. 

"You will chose your Adam, Eve. Or else I will take matters into my own hands. Do you understand me?" Father glares down at me as I'm at the verge of crying because of my sacred tree. "Do you understand me, Eve?" He says once more like a warning. 

"Yes, father. . . I understand. . ." My hair covers my eyes as I nod my head. 

"Good. Don't make me remind you of your place." Having said those words, everything is back the way it should be, and I am back in my room, panting out of fear. "Choose, Eve. Or I will." I hear my father's voice echo. 

Yui's P.O.V. 

I am worried about Eve and I feel like she's not okay. That smile she gave me at school the other day looked forced. Was she hiding the fact that she wasn't alright? 

I want to go see her, but none of the brothers will let me. "As long as I'm here, everything will be okay." I remember Eve telling me that. 

That smile that she gave me was promising, but the smile she gave me the other night wasn't like that. I know she's hiding her feelings. I just know. 

"What's the matter with you, Pancake?" Ayato suddenly appears in my room, making me gasps. 

"Ayato-kun!" I exclaim. "Um. . . It's about Eve. I feel like she's not alright." I tell him. 

"Why be worried about a girl like her? Does it really matter?" He scoffs. 

"But you were with her at some point, right? Did you notice anything strange about her when she talked to you?" 

Ayato pauses for a moment before answering my question. "Yeah, sort of. Except for the fact that her blood was delicious." 

"She gave you her blood?" 

"That look on your face makes it look like you are jealous~ I'll let you make it up to me if you let me have a drink of your blood." Ayato grabs me by my waist and pulls me close to him. 

"Ayato-kun!" I exclaim again as I'm pinned on the bed. Ayato towers over me and leans down to my neck and I prepare myself for the pain of his fangs sinking into my flesh. But it never comes. "Ayato-kun?" I open my eyes to see him frowning. 

Why is he frowning? "Tch, forget about it." He says and gets off me, then leaving the room. That was so weird. I've seen this one time when Kanato drank my blood. But, why was he hesitant this time? 

"Eve, please be okay. . ." I pray for her safety. 

Eve's P.O.V. 

"Ruki! Let me go!" I scream as Ruki drags me to the basement. "I said, let me go!" 

"Shut up!" Ruki glares at me and pushes me inside the room, then lifting my chin. "You'll be staying here for a while." 

"You can't do this!" I look at him with confusion. "What's gotten into you all the sudden? Answer me, Ruki-" I'm cut off when Ruki suddenly bites my neck and I feel so much blood being taken from me. 

I can feel him starting to change. Does he want to become Adam this badly? I never thought I would have to see Ruki be so aggressive like this. He's so angry. 

"Ru. . .ki." I whisper out and my body collapses onto the floor. I feel so dizzy and the room is spinning. 

I can hear Ruki leaving the room and locking me inside. After a while, he becomes more obsessive and he takes a lot of my blood. He does this for a week, and all I can do is sit against the wall. 

I'm so lonely. 

I'm all alone. 

It's dark. 

It's cold. 

I feel empty. 

Why am I feeling like this? 

What's to become of me? 

Why is this happening to me? 

So many questions and comments fill my head, causing me to have a headache. Yet, I wanted answers. I wanted to stop feeling like this. It's always been like this my entire life. . . When will it end? . . .

"When does it stop? . . ." I ask myself in a whisper. 

Suddenly, I feel a presence in front of me. When I look up, Subaru-san is standing above me, glaring at me. Or at least I think that's a glare. But what is he doing here? . . .

"Subaru. . .san. . ." I say tiredly, trying to keep my eyes open. 

"Let's go." He suddenly grabs me and holds me bridal style, then disappearing out of the Mukami mansion. 

When I close my eyes, I see myself in my sacred place, but everything has stopped. The white pedals have withered, and the sound of the bell had stopped. The colors stopped shining, and everything stopped. 

I sit on my knees, sitting in front of tree as the withered pedals fall into my hands. Something is terribly is wrong. "What is happening?" I ask myself. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------