{4 - Seeing Is Believing}

"You hurt Azusa-kun! How could you do that!?" Yui shouts at me while we're both in her bedroom, telling her what happened since she can't recall me possessing her body. 

"You were in trouble. I told you that I would protect you, and I won't let them have an ounce of your blood. I was only doing my job." I tell her, standing in front of her as she sits on her bed. 

"It didn't seem like you were doing your job. . . I feel like you were doing this for your own benefit. . ." Yui frowns as she looks down at her lap. 

"Don't take it the wrong way. Do you really want those vampires to drink your blood? You're nothing but livestock to them. I'm saving your life, such as it is. . . You smell, you need a bath." 

"Excuse me?!" She gasps as she blushes with embarrassment. I giggle a bit and we both go to the bathroom. 

Yui takes a bath to relax herself as I'm standing near the mirror. "Yui. . . You cannot allow these vampires to drink your blood, understand? . . . It's something I cannot allow them to do." 

"Why is that? Can you tell me?" She asks in a sweet voice. 

"What am I is something that isn't human. I am the Eve these brothers want, yet I placed my scent on you so I can buy myself some time. . . Until I can find my Adam. . ." I frown, glancing at Yui. 

"Adam?" 

"Yes. . . I'm sorry for having you go through all of this. But it seems like they are attached to you because of my scent. . . I will warn you, they will stop at nothing to become my Adam." My eyes slightly widen, then suddenly fade, like a ghost so that Yui can see me, as the door bursts open, revealing Yuma. 

"Hey, Little Pig." Yuma calls her, and Yui screams to the top of her lungs. "Oh, my god! Shut up! Don't scream like that in here! Holy crap, you are so loud!" He shouts, covering his ears. 

"Y-You just barged in and- Yuma-kun! Why are you here!?" Yui turns away from him to hide her body. 

"Because I need you for something, you dumbass." Yuma grabs Yui's wrist, attempting to pull Yui out of the bathtub. 

"Stop! No! Ow!" Yui fights back. 

"What?! Did you just say no!?" 

"Please, just let me get dressed first and I'll come. . . !" 

"Oh, my god. Get over yourself. No one cares if you're naked." 

"That's not. . . what I'm worried about!" Yui splashes the water and Yuma leaves. I appear near Yui and sigh as I give her a towel. "Thank you. . ." She frowns at me. 

"Forgive him for his actions. Vampires tend to be aggressive nowadays." I shrug my shoulders. "Better go see what he needs you for. Don't worry, I'll be watching. But, I need to tell you a secret." 

"A secret? What kind of secret?" 

I lean in close to Yui's ear and whisper, "They use to be human. . ." She gasps and looks at me with surprise. 

"How do you know that?" She questions and I keep my lips sealed. If I wanted to tell her, I could, but for some reason I can't. 

While Yui and Yuma are in the garden, picking out vegetables and fruits, I stay close by just in case Yuma decides to make a move. 

These brothers want to become my Adam, yet Yui is suffering for it. . . I admit, I'm afraid. I'm afraid of offering my blood to them because I don't want them to become my Adam. They are not worthy. . .

"So, you cut Azusa the other day. He told me you were willing to do that." I hear Yuma recall about the other day. She can't remember because I took over her body. 

"Huh?" Yui blinks with confusion. 

"When I got home, something about you were different. Your eyes were a different color." Yuma turns to Yui with a glare. 

He's catching on. . .

"I. . . I don't know what you're talking about, Yuma-kun." Yui tells him. 

Yuma doesn't say another word to her. Instead, he walks over to her and grabs her. He attempts to bite her! 

I grab Yui's hand and pull her away from Yuma, making it look like she ran away from him. "Hey! You're not going anywhere." Yuma glares and grabs her again, pinning her against the glass wall. 

"Y-Yuma-kun, no!" Yui cries out. Before Yuma could sink his fangs in her neck, he sees my reflection within the window. His eyes widen and looks behind him to see nobody there. He can only see me in the reflection. 

My eyes have darken as I glare at him."Keep your fangs away from her. . . !!!" My voice echoes, for only Yuma to hear, so loudly that it makes his ears ring. 

He lets go of Yui and covers his ears, as Yui drops to the ground. Yuma looks at the reflection again, seeing I'm still in his sights, and I open my mouth, and screech. 

Yuma yells with agony and Yui looks confused. She turns around and sees me in the reflection, then gasping. All I do is smile at her and put my pointer finger to my lips while winking, as if I were telling her not to tell. 

Actually, I was telling her that. 

Later that day, Yui is asleep in her bedroom and I meet her in her dreams. We both are sitting on our knees, sitting in front of the tree, while Yui is holding a white rose petal. "Eve. . . I want to thank you for stopping Yuma-kun from taking my blood." She looks at me. 

"You're welcome. . ." I say back as I frown. "Yui. . . I'm sorry for putting you through all of this. It's very selfish of me to do something like this, and it's uncommon of me. . ." 

"It's alright, Eve." She smiles. 

"No. . . It's not. I will do my best to protect you, so, please, don't worry about me." I look at her with a sad smile. Yui frowns at me, but I wrap my arms around her body and pull her close to me. "Everything is going to be alright. You'll be safe as long as I'm here." 

I close my eyes and hum a small tune. 

Third Person's P.O.V

While Yui slept, the Mukami brothers gathered in the living room to discuss about the awakening. Unfortunately, nothing has happened yet because they had the wrong girl this whole time. 

"Nothing's happening yet." Yuma complains, but his eyes soften a bit. "But, I'm starting to think, this girl may not be the one. . ." He says out loud to his brothers. 

"What do you mean?" Ruki asks. 

"I saw something earlier today. . . There was this other girl. White hair, lovely eyes, and wearing white. . . She looked pissed as hell, and then there was this ringing in my ear." Yuma explains, recalling what happened. 

"Are you sure you weren't hallucinating, Yuma-kun?" Kou snickers, taking this as a joke. 

"I know what I saw, dammit!" Yuma shouts at Kou. 

Everyone is silent and they start to think about what Yuma says. They are starting to have second thoughts. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------