27. Excuses Excuses

Start from the beginning

There was a knock on the door and Katakuri quickly put his scarf back on making everyone but you give him a weird look. When the door moved all the way open in came Smoothie, if she came here to join in on the conversation she was in for  a huge surprise. When you told Katakuri that you explained to your parents everything that happened you were true to your word. Your mother did not care for smoothie at all, and neither did your father or Ryuuichi.

"Your mother is outside, she said she couldn't wait till tomorrow to speak with you"

You gave a big sigh, the woman said she could respect your decision to see her tomorrow but it looks like that was a lie. But it was better to get things over with now rather than later, so you were going to see what she wanted to talk about so badly.

"I'll be out in a minute"

Smoothie left closing the door behind her, everyone looked at you with concerned eyes. All of them knew after your first encounter with your family that you really were not comfortable with seeing them at all. But you didn't want to trouble anyone with your feelings, the mood was just perfect until the sudden news. And you also had to learn to face this on your own, you mother was right wether you wanted to hear the reason or not you needed closure on why you were abandoned. You reached your hand out for Hinata's, if you were going to meet his mother anyway he might as well come with you. He grabbed you hand and you two made your way out the door.

And there she was, your birth mother nervously shifting on her feet and her hands held tightly together. You knew then that it really was a good time to get everything over with, she looked like she needed to tell you something important so you were willing and ready to listen. As you approach her she looks up with a big smile, until she looks down and sees Hinata by your side then her smile disappears as soon as it came. Maybe Hinata will be able to tell a story of his own to you later. You didn't like how she looked at Hinata it wasn't the look of an upset mother who just found out there child snuck out, no, it looked like the look you would give someone if you honestly hated them.

The three of you made your way into one of many rooms in the cake Chateau, it was a library.

You sat down while Hinata moved to take a seat next to you, seems like he had no intentions to sit next to his mother.

"Alright I won't interrupt you just talk, why abandon me to die"

Katakuri had made his way back to his room excusing himself while your family got situated in their rooms, the fact that he had met your parents and had his face revealed to them all in one day was to much for him. Yes he did now have a very big soft spot in his heart for the little boy but he would have to keep his eye on Kotaro from now on. Katakuri couldn't blame the boy though he was just a child and was curious, but he cant just do that whenever he pleases, who knows when he could do it again and who will be around him at that time. He made it inside his room still lost in his thoughts and went in the bathroom to take a shower. When Katakuri was done, he made his way out to get dressed in more comfortable clothes and find you. He was worried about you, he would hate for something to happen between you and your mother and he wasn't there to support you. Katakuri moved towards his bed then stopped dead in his tracks.

"What the hell are you doing in my room, what the hell are you doing in general!"

Your birth mother gave a sigh, she may have thought this was hard for her but it was nothing compared to how you felt right now. You had to look this woman rite in the eyes, the woman who gave birth to you and also left you to die.

"Your father, he was becoming desperate for money because we were struggling. His job wasn't paying enough and the bills were not getting paid. We were in deep financial trouble and we had no way out. So your father decided we should just leave and start over, he had lost his job and the debt collectors were trying to find us at every turn. We just couldn't deal with that type of lifestyle anymore so we packed up our bags and decided to run away. But your father said we couldn't take us with you, that we couldn't financially take care of you right now. He said when we were back on our feet we would com back for you.  That you would be better off by yourself until we could get our lives together. And you had no family of ours near by so we couldn't drop you off anywhere. And I agreed, you were smart and always took care of yourself anyway. But I want to let you know there wasn't a day that went by that I hadn't thought about you
(y/n). You are my daughter and I love you, but I needed your father I really did. Without him I had nothing, and at that moment I had to leave you to be happy. I'm sorry I know I'm terrible, but I hope that one day you can come to understand my reasons and forgive me because I really did miss you. I always hoped we would be reunited one day and we finally have been. This is an opportunity for us to start over, if you will allow me I'm willing to put in the effort to be a better mother now!"

With every word she spoke you took it all in, and even before she finished you realized you were right all along. She didn't leave your for some noble cause, or because she absolutely had to, she left your for your so called father. All you were hearing was just how terrible of a mother she was, and what  a shitty sperm donor you had. All her reasons were complete and utter bullshit, she always thought about you? Yea right that's just something she probably tells herself to make herself feel better about how she left her own child for a man who probably treats her like crap. You could honestly say this is all the closure you could ever want, but what you didn't want is to hear some dumb ass reason for being left to die. No matter how she said it, no matter what she tried to add on to the story, it was still showing what terrible people they were. And it disgusted you because she tried to explain how much your father missed you too. But in reality you knew that she was just trying to make her and that asshole look good. You could see it in her eyes that she was sad, in pain, full of guilt. And all she was trying to do while trying to feed you bullshit was get rid of her own self guilt. She could try to tell you story after story but after hearing her actually say she willingly abandoned you was enough closure you needed for you to move on with no regrets. You weren't even listening to her anymore, and you weren't going to entertain her foolishness anymore. You got up without saying a word, and left the room not bother to look back and acknowledge the calls of your birth mother or the small footsteps following you.

You had enough of today, this was supposed to be a happy day for you and your family, but like always somebody comes and ruins it all. You didn't expect for your past family to show up, you didn't expect to get the closure that you had needed for so long.  You opened the door to Katakuri's room to see if he was in there, you were ready to vent to him about everything that happened.

When you opened the door you think back to a lot of things that you didn't expect to happen, but they did anyway. But this was honestly the last thing you expected to happen, Katakuri was in a towel leaning over something, or more likely someone. And that someone was your witch of a half sister.

And she was completely naked and laid out

right on Katakuri's bed

and right under Katakuri.