He knotted his legs in between mine and twisted them that I stumbled. He clasped a piece of wooden chair and instead of throwing it towards me, he threw it above his head high in the air and drew out a gun. I clasped my knife more tightly and ran for him and so did he. As we ran towards each other, I slowed down and changed my direction in a snap while keeping my knife pointed at him and he fell of the building.

Yes!

I ran towards Austin and began slicing the ropes when more of sectators came. Two of them charged at me but I managed to free Austin who collapsed on the floor. 'Hurry! We need to get outta here!'

Austin nodded and kicked a sectator on his thigh whilst punching him in his throat. I ducked and pointed my knife at the sectator to stab him and finish him off but then ... the time seemed to stop and mom's voice rattled in my mind.

'Don't kill them. They're influenced.'

I didn't know what made me do this but I flipped my knife and twisted my leg beneath two sectators. One fell. One stumbled. I shuffled at the back of the sectator and hit him with the handle of my combat knife hard enough on his head that he fell. More and more came. I looked at Austin who at once got my indication.

We started backing away towards the edge while fighting and saving ourselves. I acquired a scratch in my arm. 'Austin!' I called him.

'Got it!'

And we both backflipped off the building.

While going down, I aimed for balcony's handle but my hand slipped and I began falling down until someone held my hand and stopped me halfway. 'Hang on!' Austin said as he tried to haul himself up and into the balcony. He pulled me up enough that I held balcony's floor and hoisted myself up by myself.

I looked at my watch. 'Shit!'

'I know. Everything's shit.'

'Come on!' I urged and we began running into the building. Just like the city, the building was as dark and miserable. No sign of human life ever seemed to exist but we could't waste time anymore. We ran down the stairs as fast as our legs could allow. Once we were out, we saw sectators coming from both ways. Austin and I silently communicated and we both parted our ways.

I ran with all my mighty as half of the sectators limbed towards me. I couldn't keep on going straight, so I climbed up the wall—my feet got strangled in sectators' arms who tried to pull me down but failed. I jumped on the roof from the wall and slid down the other side.

I kept on doing it until I was sure I lost some of the sectators. A swoosh sound heard and I looked over my shoulder just in time to duck to get rid of those flying objects no less dangerous than one an other. I distorted as one of their weapon hit me on my shoulder. Changing my direction to my left , I jumped off the roof and onto the road.

I looked at my left. Then at my right and found the ice cream van parked right in the corner of the street. I started running towards it but crashed into someone's chest. I drew out my knife to stab the sectator.

'It's me. Come on!' Austin held my hand and we began running towards the van with a whole army of sectators following us. Soon the guns fired and objects were thrown at us. 'Oh fuck!' Austin held him arm who would've received a blow just like I did.

'You OK?'

'Yeah.' He stumbled and we slowed down for a second until we picked up our pace again. I pulled open the door and crawled in and so did Austin. He started the engine and when it revved, he put his foot on the gas and drove towards the sectators.

'Austin! Watch out!' I yelled at him as he sped towards the sectators who didn't move and were standing as if waiting for him to approach.

'Trust me.' Austin said but sped towards them. I opened my mouth to tell him to stop but then I was crashed into the door as he turned right into a street immediately. 'Seatbelt.' He said and I rolled my eyes but did as well.