Prologue

"You are such a pain in the chest  GabbyI am very much dissapointed in you."

I looked at dad emotionless. I know I caused him pain right now. I am hurting deep inside to see him so... frustrated.

"You just have to marry Xion."

Huhjust have to marry? For Christ's sake I am only 18 and youngThe idea of getting into arranged marriage is surreal. I can't believe they're into selling their only daughter to some investor's son! Arrrggghh

"Dad..." I said, trying to reason out

"Mom..." i turned to mom and she just shook her head as a sign that she is powerless over the matter.

"Like it or not Gabby, your wedding's a month from now."

"WHAT?! That soon?!"

"Yes. No violent reactions." 

I sighed. Accepting my defeat. Nah. Why am I so affected?

I am Demetria Gabrielle Torres and I don't let others control me. Yes, even my parents.

I heaved out a deep sigh as I stare outside of the bus' window and reminisce.

I know it's kinda selfish of me but who cares? They want me to marry someone I don't know and I definitely won't buy it. Crapness, ugh!

2 days before my oh-so-called wedding I've decided to pack my things and ran away. No one knew I am planning to escape except for my two girlfriends. I consulted them about this a week ago. Though, they're quite unsure, they supported me, nonetheless.

This isn't really the plan and I know that escaping is never a good idea. I got scared, big time! Scared of the fact that I won't be able to enjoy my youth.

Wherever this bus is taking me, I will make  my stay there worthwhile.

"You can do it Gabby!"  I cheered to myself.

"Last stop, last stop... mga bababa!" pag-aanounce ng konduktor.

For the nth time, again I sighed.

"This is it. Wala nang atrasan 'to!"