Prologue

There is this moment in life, when all you feel is insignificant; like nothing you do could ever make a difference to the world, or that you simply don’t belong, because you feel you're from a parallel universe, or a different dimension. It’s one of the toughest phases of life, and the worst part is, it is unavoidable. Sometimes people misunderstand you during this phase of life, because you become less obvious to read, some sort of emotional block that keeps people out, and yourself hidden.

Insignificant means too small or unimportant for any consideration or meaningless. Everyone feels like this, but of course, we all learn that we have a meaning in this world eventually, even if it isn't the most obvious or reasonable reason. But for some people, it’s already too late for them to see what their meaning is, because they phase has taken them over the edge, and they will live with it forever, along with their age.

Some days, during this phase, you won't get out of bed because you think it won't make a difference if you got up or not. Other days, you'll get up for no reason at all, because you think what you do is worthless. On most days though, you will get up with a reason to do something, but not do the reason you got up for,because you don't know what your reason in this world is.

Majority of people get through their struggle; but not me - not for a long time anyway. I was someone that over exaggerated a fair bit during my struggle, taking everything just that bit too far, and it got seriously close to the edge many times, but I was always bought back to reality. It was just a few years ago that I, Alena, started my “insignificance struggle”, and only a few months ago that it was over. So this is basically what happened during my "insignificance struggle"...