- A Little Change -

Start from the beginning

Of course, it was fun at first. But then, how had this all became a bore to Jungkook now?

With the passing months, the thrill of being the one on the receiving end; the one being doted on no longer appealed to Jungkook. Not to say he didn't enjoy all the attention.

In fact, Jungkook usually was the center of it all. Even back in his childhood, Jungkook remained as the youngest son who gains pleasure from all the spoiled loving he'd been receiving.

With all the given attention, you'd think Jungkook would be the most content with the amount of coodling Namjoon had put up for the younger.

But he didn't.

An uncertain feeling welled up beneath him, Jungkook couldn't really tell what it was. Judging from the way he seemed to act around the older man now, Jungkook knew it was pretty severe.

The sugar-coated praises that Namjoon would utter out to him initially was the sweetest but they turned sour over how the elder would not accept Jungkook's own compliment, insisting that he wasn't worthy of any praise.

"What are you talking about, baby? You're the cute one here, not me."

"I don't think this shirt suits me. It'll look amazing on you though, Kook-ah!"

"Just sit back and enjoy, babe. Don't need to worry about me. . .  I'll take care of you tonight."

It was sweet but, also a bit sickening.

Jungkook caught himself yearning for the older's attention in a certain way, wanting to be the one to adore rather than being adored.

Tracing back his thoughts down the memory lane, Jungkook recalled not ever has he been the one to dominate Namjoon. He was surprised himself; who would've knew that a soft spot had grew on him for his lover.

During the past, Jungkook was always known as the alpha in his every relationship. He would be the one to lead, to set the rules.

The presence of Namjoon had turned things around. And Jungkook wasn't sure if he liked it.

__________

"I'm home. . ."

A faint voice emerged from the door with a loud sigh following.
Soft thuds echoed through the main hall, Namjoon dragged his sore feet to the bedroom.

The noises brought Jungkook back to reality, a wide grin carving up on his face as he strides to greet his long awaited boyfriend.

"Welcome home, hyung!" as Jungkook threw his arms around Namjoon's shoulders, he took in the warmth of the other, burying his face deep on Namjoon's neck. Planting kisses on the blotchy skin, his affections were stopped abruptly due to Namjoon pushing Jungkook away as gentle as possible by the shoulders.

"Hey, Kookie. . . Can we not do this now? I'm pretty bummed out. Work has been exhausting and all I want to do is sleep." Namjoon said, his eyes drooping with an obvious hint of tire. They fluttered, the younger resisted the urge to kiss them as he stepped back, allowing Namjoon to make his way to their room.

Not before he interlaced their fingers together, putting out his warmest smile in hopes that it would enlighten Namjoon, even just a little bit. Namjoon had once reminded him how much Jungkook's smiles were his saviours and never had he felt so important then.

Jungkook tightened his grip, eyes locking with Namjoon's dull pair. Searching under all that mess, he saw a beautiful man just waiting to be cracked open from its shell.