1.6

firstly, thank you so much for 3.4k reads!! it truly means so much to me that you guys take your time to read and interact with this book uwu
secondly, this is the first (and most likely not last) chapter in Jooheon's point of view !

Lee Jooheon

"What?" I turned to Hyungwon, a smug grin on his face.

"I said you look well rested today," he replied. "is this what having a boyfriend does to you?"

I blushed, immediately looking back down to the sketchbook I'd doodled on. "It's nothing to do with that."

"Sure. It's totally not the reason why you've been so happy and giggly at all times and blushing like your life depends on it. Or why you're even more forgetful than usual. Not at all." He crossed his arms, clearly enjoying how I seemingly lost the ability of finding any decent comeback to his words.

"When you find the right person you'll know." I eventually muttered, defeated.

"Nothing to do with that my ass," he scoffed. "and yeah, that may be a task for me."

"You will!! Everybody in the world will find their person." I smiled.

"What's your said person's name, then?" He sat behind the counter, arranging some of the pencils beside the cashier.

"Minhyuk." I choked out, immediately laying on the table with a groan as Hyungwon proceeded to laugh.

"You're so smitten, it's quite cute, and a little odd. I'm used to being the mess here, now I'm the one who has it together by the looks of it. What does Minhyuk do? Where did you meet?"

"Why are you so invested?" I laughed.

"Have you seen how empty the shop is? I want some form of entertainment, now come on." He gestured for me to carry on.

"Minhyuk works as a police officer but he's studying to become a prosecutor. We met a few months ago when he nearly got decapitated by a bus," I waved away his confused look. "just take what I'm saying. But yeah, we clocked that we live in the same apartment block and yeah. Here we are."

"Well, he already sounds like an improvement in comparison to that other guy you used to date."

I nodded. "Yeah. Minhyuk's sweet."

Hyungwon's multiple cringing sounds and my laughs were cut off by the text tone coming from my phone, Minhyuk's name flashing on my screen.

Minhyuk 💛
Today 12:02pm

babyyyyyy

I'm gonna pass out
but yes hello 😊

😂😂
you ready for lunch?
about that actually
my boss and my assistant Hyunwoo asked to join us but I can tell them maybe next time if that isn't okay

no! I'm okay with that! we can go to a bbq if you guys want ? especially because it's your boss 🙂

probably a good idea yeah
stop your emojis are so cute