1.5

as I write this I have another totally different  version of this chapter and I'm curious to see which one will make it hehe // the song is "Dance To This" by Troye Sivan and Ariana Grande aka a chill bop
edit: I just finished writing this and there is actually no plot to this chapter it's just fluff oops

Lee Minhyuk

I felt movement behind me for the fifth time since I was first woken up by it. Initially I chose to lay still, maybe he's having a rough time falling asleep.

Until he turned over once again, that is.

I turned myself around ready to throw my arms around him but he suddenly sat up, switching on the light on the nightstand. I could now see how his chest rose and fell at a speed, and the sweat on his face. "Babe?"

"Huh?" He turned to me absentmindedly, eventually running a hand through his hair with a sigh as he leaned back, deflating against the headboard.

"Is everything okay?" I said softly, also sitting up with him.

"Just a panic attack," he closed his eyes. "I'm sorry. It's quite common for me, I guess I just never mentioned it, I'm sor-"

"Hey, don't apologise okay?" I squeezed his hand. "You haven't done anything wrong. I'm gonna go and make you some tea okay? I'll keep the door open; if anything, just shout."

He nodded and I got up from the bed, any silver of calmness evaporating the moment I was out of sight, almost wishing my ankles an early goodbye as I went downstairs three steps at a time. The door of the mug cupboard also nearly went as I came close to swinging it right off its hinges whilst looking for a mug, hissing at the kettle for suddenly working 3 times slower than it usually did.
I returned upstairs in record time, hoping the way I calmly walked into the room overshadowed how much of a mess I looked. "Here we are. I didn't let the water get too hot so you can drink it now." aka any longer and I would have actually thrown hands with a kettle.

"Thank you." He said softly, taking a sip from the mug I handed him. I sat beside him, watching him quickly and silently drink the tea as I stroked his hair. "I'm sorry for waking you up suddenly, you have work tomorrow and you really should rest-"

"Listen, I'm not going to sleep until you're okay, alright?" I smiled. "Plus that's what coffee is for."

"If you say so," he eventually grinned back, placing the empty mug on the nightstand and laying back down. I followed suit, pulling him into my arms before he turned off the lights. "this is nice."

I giggled. "Enjoy it while you can, I don't usually cuddle people to sleep."

"You've cuddled other people?"

"I mean-I don't usually-I-"

"I'm kidding," he laughed gently. "I'm not that crazy."

For a few moments, we laid in each other's arms in almost perfect silence; I had begun to slowly drift back to sleep, feeling Jooheon's breaths on my collarbone & his hand resting on my side.

"Minhyuk?"

"Yeah?" I mumbled almost immediately.

"Can you just speak to me a little bit?"

"Of course," I replied, returning to play with his hair. "hmm, has your hair always been brown?"