Chapter 1

Ace's POV:

It is not gonna be the same, I know.

But it is too difficult to manage without her.

These thoughts have been going through my head for the last 5 hours of the flight. I clutch my teeth together as the airplane goes through another wave of something that my mind can't contemplate right now.

I am flying to London. I wanted to take my mind off of her. New York is just screaming her name in every corner. Like she has engraved herself into that city.

Moreover, I am still sober. Chance might not be here but I am still not going to make her disappointed in meShe believed that I could overcome this fear. So, I will overcome it.

Even though she can't be here to witness it.

The constant noise doesn't sound so disturbing anymore and if I sit far away from the window, I may trick myself into thinking that I am safe.

Whats the point of me being safe and alive when she couldn't. When she...

I shook my head and covered my face with my hands. These thoughts seem to be the only thing I can think about anymore.

Sudden rumbling coming from nearby interrupted my depressive thoughts and I looked around me becoming more cautious of my surroundings.

"Just the plane going through clouds and all that shit that's in the air," Mason said from across the plane upon seeing my panicked face.

I nodded while still being on a verge of panic attack.

If I drank some vodka or wine it would all be good. But I will not drink, I will not let her down. I take a deep breath and open my phone and go through the files and news that I downloaded. The news was only talking about her and her act of self-destruction.

Luckily, cops hadn't connected it all to us. Yes in papers Rose Rivera was dead. But due to the changes that we have had input before, Chance Williams is still alive.

Police department's archives show that Chance's DNA does not match the DNA found on the ashes of the house. But Rose Rivera matches the DNA sample perfectly, along with the wanted criminal Felix who has been on the wanted list of Police for a long time.

News report 31/01/2018

" Even though the circumstances are suspicious and do not give away any context of the reason of this, citizens of New York and the Police department feel very relieved as the 2 most dangerous criminals of our times have been stopped. What kind of vigilante has done it still remains the mystery. "

What a shame, they will never know that their savior is the villain whom they despised so much.

I shook my head at my own thoughts and looked out of the plane window. Clouds were accompanied with darker sky now.

The dark atmosphere around me only led me to think about how much of a coward I am. I run away from the consequences and problems leaving all of it to Jason and Max.

Poor Max, he is the most sensitive out of all of us. He is still in shock, and denial.

It is only 3 days, of course he is still going to be in shock.

Jason is just masking his sorrow with anger. Anger that we can't even get close to that territory, or her remains.

The house is full of cops and special agents and  stealing the remains seems un possible as the cops are circling all of the territory and the hospital it had been sent.

They even came around to ask for Chance. Claiming that it happened in her old family house and she should now about it.

Sorry officer, she was the one who died there, she can't give you any additional information about it.

Mason nearly snapped at them. I simply told that we have broken up and I haven't heard of her.

Luckily we managed to clean her old house from gang related things before cops found out about that place.

This 3 days seemed like centuries. I couldn't hold it together for few hours let alone the day.

When we entered her house, and familiar smell of cigarettes (which had engraved to that apartment by now) hit me. I wanted to curl up in a ball and lie on her bed.

God, I am such a crybaby.

But who wouldn't be a crybaby after losing a person like her. My lucky charm, my chance.

I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat and closed my eyes.

I was shaken awake by Mason. "Get up we have to go." He said slowly.

I nodded still trying to open my eyes and got up from my place. We didn't talk that much as we made our way to the car.

I called one of the gang members to meet us in the airport for driving us. As we got closer to the exit, it was getting evident that weather was much colder than I thought.

I raised the collar of my coat and put my hands inside my coat. "Ah, the familiar coldness of London. How I missed you." Mason said sarcastically and this made me smile slightly.

Maybe this is why I run away here. The familiar coldness of weather and gloominess of my heart were really suitable.

Jake was waiting in front of the car and ad he saw us getting closer he opened the door and then opened his arms for a brotherly hug. He hugged both of us and nodded with a sad yet knowing look.

Of course he knew. Half of the fucking world knew and most of the celebrated the death of the villain. While other half plotted some plan to bring down others seeing that the main leader was gone.

As we were passing the main streets near Piccadilly, my eyes got caught on pub's and Casino's.

We came to a stop as traffic lights turned red. I waited for few seconds before opening the door and getting out of the car.

"What the hell are you doing man?" Mason yelled, not understanding my actions.

"Just taking a walk, I will catch up with you later." I yelled back and started to move along the street.

As Mason wanted to get put and follow me, light changed to green and cars started to move.

" I am going to lock the door and not let you get inside, fucker." He yelled again.

I turned to look at him. "I will find a way."

But now it is time to get hella drunk to forget about this aching pain inside of me.

Welcome back everyone. You are in for a wild ride.