Chapter Eight

A few days later we were moving camp, we were going further South, closer to home. We had been riding for a few hours, I was at the back I wasn't used to riding and I didn't want to be in the middle of the northerners. I could see Robb up ahead he had his horse at a halt, he called everyone to have a rest, it must of been noon. He caught my eye when he finished speaking, he climbed down off his horse and started walking in my direction, he was soon stood next to me.

"My lady, are you well?" I tried to think what well was, I suppose I was coping, I smiled slightly before I replied "yes your grace and yourself?" Robb nodded to my answer "very good, I am also well" I wasn't sure what to say next so I stayed silent. We started walking towards one of the tents that was being set up by the men.

"This will be your tent, we will stay here for a few days, I'll tell you if anything changes" he then turned and started walking away, I felt slightly received there was always a tension which neither of us liked.

The tent inside was very similar to what it had been before. I could here someone approaching outside, a soldier can in and called me to visit lady Catelyn. When I entered we both addressed each other, we hadn't spoken properly since we were discussing mine and Robb's marriage, until we were interrupted by Brans fall, she must hate me just as much as Robb.

Despite that she still spoke kindly to me "how are you Myrcella?" There was a hint of softness to her voice that comforted me, it reminded me of my mother, I missed her dreadfully "I'm fine thankyou" my voice split and I could hear tears merging from my eyes, I say down on the edge of the seat, I stared at the floor, Lady Catelyn came and perched next to me "oh my dear, I know it's hard but you have to stay strong" with that I couldn't help but cry , I couldn't stop once I had started, she held me tightly to her, whispering hushing noises in my ear "it's okay, it will be fine" it wasn't nothing was fine "everything been pulled apart, it's all broken, nothing will ever be the same again" there was a harshness to my voice, I didn't sound like myself.

Catelyn pulled me away from her until she was looking right at me "You have to pick up the pieces, you have to fix things, it's what woman have to do there is nothing else we can do" "all I want is to go home back to my mother, I probably never will, even if I did Jofferys king now, he's a monster everything's ruined" my tears stopped falling, it made me feel empty as if nothing was left "things will get better, after the war had ended" lady Catelyn tried to soothe me, but inside we both knew that it wouldn't go back to how it was before. Ned Stark wouldn't come back alive, Bran will never walk again.

I started walking back to my tent, I clutched my necklace my mother had given me the night before she left, it was the only thing I had left of her. The cold bit at my cheeks, the last light of the day was disappearing, leaving everything in darkness.