Love, Simon AU

Depuis le début

"Well I've seen him driving around in this old pickup truck," Jared pushed up his glasses. "And I feel like he's more of a classic rock kinda guy. And he's definitely gay."

"How do you know?"

"He had a boyfriend last year, so I can only assume," Jared played with a pencil while he spoke. "I'm just saying he could be a possibility, there are 9 other gay guys that could be who you're looking for."

Evan nodded, rereading the list again. "I guess so."

🔹🔶🔹

Later that night, Evan emailed his mystery man again.

From: treeboyz@gmail.com
To: floydminuspink@gmail.com
Re: deep fried Oreos

Hey-
I was wondering if you were planning on going to that carnival at the park this weekend. I heard they're selling deep fried Oreos, which sounds intriguing at least.
Sincerely,
Me

I took only five minutes to get a reply.

From: floydminuspink@gmail.com
To: treeboyz@gmail.com
Re: deep fried Oreos???

Deep fried Oreos you say, tree boy? Well then I just have to check it out. Why wouldn't I? I'm so deeply intrigued.

Evan laughed, and turned his laptop off, getting ready for bed. But while he buried himself under the covers, he couldn't help but think about the email and that weekend. And deep fried Oreos.

🔹🔶🔹

That weekend, Evan and Jared stood in line for the tickets for the carnival. The lien seemed to go on for forever and Evan could barely stand still. This day could change his life for better or for worse.

As soon as the guy behind the booth handed him a strand of tickets, Evan booked it across the fairgrounds to where they were the deep fried Oreo stand hid behind a rollercoaster. They were still setting up the friers, but there was already a guy starting the line, on his phone while he was waiting. His long hair hid his face while he looked down but Evan knew exactly who he was.

The blonde boy quietly stood behind him. "You came here for the Oreos too?"

Connor didn't bother to look up. "Yeah, I don't usually do carnivals."

"Me neither," Evan laughed and stuck his hands in his pockets awkwardly. His mind was racing.

Connor stuck his phone in his sweatshirt pocket. "I just find Oreos to be the best cookie ever, so deep frying them to be very intriguing..."

"You're Pink Floyd?" Evan's eyes grew wide.

The taller boy laughed uncomfortably. "What do you mean I'm Pink Floyd?"

"You're the one with the email account?" Evan had tears in his eyes, although he wasn't sure why. "You have a car, and you love—"

He was about to say something else when the guy behind the stand handed them each what looked like a donut hole. They shared a confused look before they each took a bite.

Connor instantly broke into a huge grin as he slowly chewed the cookie concoction. "So you're tree boyz."

"Guilty," Evan blushed.

"I honestly thought at one point you were Jared Kleinman trying to prank me," Connor laughed to himself. "You know who Jared is?"

"Yeah," Evan chuckled softly as he finished off his cookie, not wanting it to end.

Connor turned back to the stand and ordered 2 more before turning back to Evan. "So...what happens now?"

"I'm...not sure," the blonde boy shrugged and took the next Oreo, taking a big bite.

They stood in silence for a few minutes, relishing in the moment and the Oreos before Connor took Evan's hand and squeezed it. "How about I treat you to a ride on the Ferris wheel, and then we can figure everything out?"

I'm sorry it's such a condensed version of the book/movie.

Okay guys I have some bittersweet news: I'm going to end this book soon [soon meaning in a few months]

The only reason I'm ending it is because I don't have anymore ideas for these two lovebirds. So get your requests in as soon as possible because the more requests I get, the longer this book will last.