With a sigh , he moved to his bed and threw is body on to it. For long he kept twisting and turning on his bed as sleep eluded him. Frustrated, he decided to smoke. Lighting the cigarette he stood at the window, letting his mind wander across the thoughts. He replayed all the events again and again to understand where he went wrong and how he should rectify it. 

He suddenly recalled her leaving the pair of keys with him before walking out. He decided to visit her first thing in the morning to return it. After all, it wasn't just his but her house too. Her parents had also invested in it and she had all the rights to come and go at her choice. With satisfaction in his heart and smile on face, he retired to bed . This time he slept as soon as his head hit the pillow, only he didn't realize it was because of the satisfaction and hope of meeting her the next day .

***

Kajal stretched her body taking a deep breath, after long she had decided to practice yoga in open. It had rained a day before and cool wind added to the the awesomeness of the weather. She stood erect, joined her palms and stretched her body backwards inhaling deep. She loved practising Surya Namaskar, it gave her immense calmness. She slowly gained her momentum and aasanas followed one after the other. Lost in her world she didn't notice a pair of eyes watching her for past 15 mins. After completing her set of Surya Namaskar, she moved on to other set of exercises. She came onto the plank position and twisted to her right, her eyes met Tarun's amused ones and she collapsed , ''Ouch!''

''Hey, are you hurt.'' He was on her side in a minute. His hand holding hers, trying to check where she was hurt.''

Her cheeks flushed at his touch, ''Why didn't you tell me of your arrival?''

''Then I would have startled you, that could have resulted in a bigger accident. Remember the one in Shimla.'' He helped her up . She smiled, ''Thanks for not breaking my bones. What brings you here this early.''

''I came here to give this back.'' He extended the keys to her. She stared at them and then matched his eyes, ''Tarun...!! '' He kept his finger on her lips, stopping the flow of words. ''I know what you are going to say. Even then that house is equally yours, your parents too have invested in it and its wrong on my part to have it all for myself.''

''Is this the only reason you want to return these?'' She asked, a slight disappointment in her voice.

Tarun watched the emotions flowing in her eyes, ''Actually no. But I wanted to test waters before I disclose the real reason for being here. You know, though I enjoy being scolded by you , I still am little scared.'' He pulled out something from his pocket, grabbed her hand and slid the ring back into her third finger, ''Now don't say its not right because we are yet to conclude on our relationship.'' She blinked,  stared at him and then at the ring. Speechless she wondered what to tell this man

'' Fine, as you say." She gave up or she just went with her heart

"How is work?" He asked pushing his hands into his pocket

"Great!  I'm working with two different brands at the sane time and my old client begged me to be back."

"Wow! That's nice. I am glad they realised your worth soon." He said with a smile

"Yeah, and best part is Robin who insulted my work is now begging to be friends with me again." She didn't know why was she telling him everything but it kind of felt right. They had got into a habit of sharing their days together.

Robin's  name bought strange feeling in Tarun's  body. His jaw instantly tighten  as his  fingers curled inside his pocket. The feeling was strange yet disturbing. He didn't like her working with Robin again. ''I don't think this man is trustworthy enough.'' He immediately chided himself for sounding stupid in her presence.

She smiled, he was now looking everywhere but her. ''will you join us for breakfast ? Mom dad would be excited to have you.''

He just wanted to jump at the invitation, but her teasing eyes made him decide against it, ''I should be  going. I have an important meeting today. ''

''Oh!'' She sounded disappointed. A silence stretched between them. She wanted him to say something more and he was utterly confused about how to take the discussion forward, ''Bye!'' He said , she looked at him and then smiled, ''Bye, take care.''

Waving once he turned to walk away, he halted turned and walked back, ''Don't ever take that ring out.''  No, he didn't say that, he wanted to but couldn't  because he was too scared. Instead he caressed her cheek, ''The ring looks good on your hand, and don't trust that Robin much.''

She understood the unsaid emotion, ''Don't worry, if I can scare my husband I can scare anyone.'' She teased making him smile.

''Will you join me for Praveen's engagement party?'' He asked

''Did he invite you?'' She asked

''No! It doesn't matter, he is my childhood buddy. I don't need an invitation to celebrate his happiness.''

Kajal wasn't sure about the future of their relationship, she was hesitant to join him like this. She didn't wanted to be a laughing stock among his friends.

''Its okay if you don't want to, I understand.'' He smiled once before walking off. Kajal thought for a moment , she quickly picked her phone and message, 'I will join you.'

Kajal's parents were all smiles when they spotted Tarun with Kajal in the garden area. Their daughter  was definitely in love with her husband, but wasn't aware of it. How would she be, she didn't understand the bond she shared with Tarun.

''Someone is happy.'' Sheela teased Kajal

''Nothing like that Mom.'' Kajal did her best to hide the blush on her cheeks. Sheela decided to let i be for now. She was happy that their relationship was taking a step at a time. Kajal quickly freshened up.  She was working on the second set of designs and they had come out quite well. The other project she had taken up had already ended and the company wanted Kajal to continue for their festive collection. Kajal was happy with the work on her plate. She stared at her reflection, he cheeks seemed pink. She smiled and rubbed them with her fingers, the stone in her finger sparkled. She stared at it recalling Tarun's words, ''You are funny Mr. Tarun Mehra but adorable.'' 

She made her way down to join her parents for the breakfast. She was working from home so didn't had any rush. The have had a beautiful beginning and she was looking forward to enjoy it completely.  Her excitement was short lived as her phone started ringing, she frowned at Robin's name . She had already submitted the first set and had plenty of time for second to be submitted, shaking her head she answered, ''Robin, I just want this to be professional.'' She replied irritated when he invited her to a party in his house.

''Kajal we have been friends for two years, please just don't throw all of it for my one mistake.'' He pleaded

She stayed quite for a moment, she was working with him and there was no point spoiling the professional relationship, ''Fine where?''

''Same place where we celebrated your birthday . Be there at 6 in the evening today.'' She agreed. Robin smiled , his eyes fixed on the screen of his phone. He had plans to make her feel special and sweep her off. He wanted to show her how special she was him. He didn't wanted  her marriage to stretch for long. Once she accepts his proposal , he had decided to hire the best lawyer to get her free of his bond. He hated the man he had never met, the man who snatched Kajal from him. Only he wasn't aware the feeling was mutual from Tarun's side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies I am late, past 3-4 days have been really bust at work above that Weather is killing me. My days starts and ends with sneezing. 

Do drop in your views and comments.

Next- Robin's behaviour makes Kajal doubtful.