Chapter Nine

I slowly began to wake up as the cool light of morning crept in through the curtains and yawned. I quickly found myself nuzzling up to Vivian and found myself gently latching onto one of her, full breasts. This time when I began to nurse softly I was rewarded with a jet of warm creamy milk in my mouth and the surprise of it made me swallow and then let go before looking up to her face.

She smiled softly, "It's okay kitten, I've got milk for you now. Now please eat up." She admonished before guiding me back to the full nipple.

I relaxed and let my own feline instincts, something that I'd gotten with my new body, guide me in what to do at this moment. I was well aware that technically I was too old to nurse like this, but the feelings that I was getting from the close contact, and the warm milk filling my stomach were too pleasant to ignore.

"Ah... he's finally awake," Came Jack's voice just after I'd switched over from one side to the other.

"Yes, though he was exhausted when you brought him home last night Jack." Vivian growled softly, "No matter what he used to be he's still a cub now and he has the physical limits of a child."

I let go and licked the slightly milky drool from my lips before I spoke up, "Momma I needed to do that, and today we will have to do more... I can't leave Amanda ta be killed by those... those..."

Jack softly spoke up, "Those animals Daren?"

Vivian was looking at me rather sceptically. "Daren why does it have to be you who acts?"

"Because momma I have a rather unique set of skills that the rest of the Shadows don't have." I replied. "Each of us is on the team because we all possess unique skills that can be used to enable us to complete whatever job we're working on."

Jack nodded and spoke up, "Vivian I don't like it anymore than you do that Daren is still mixed up in the middle of this. "It's highly dangerous and there are apt to be casualties in the end, but the thing is his heart is in the right place this time. He's not doing it for his own gain, but rather to help his friends."

"Jack, that's just it, his friends aren't exactly the most outstanding members of society." Vivian objected while gently pushing me back to finish nursing.

"I know that dear, but the thing is that they were the only friends that he had when he needed somebody at his side and he'd be a poor friend indeed if he knew he could help them in their time of need."

Momma growled lightly but I could tell that she wasn't going to argue the point anymore, though I could also tell that she didn't like the events that were surrounding me but wasn't going to try and prevent me from doing what I had to. "Before we do anything of that sort though you're going to have some breakfast and, a bath, you need it."

"Vivian he should be okay for the day, after all..."

"Jack he's a cub in diapers, and he needs a bath every few days to get truly clean, I suspect that he will appreciate it." She replied to Jack while gently rubbing the back of my neck, though I could feel the tips of her finger-claws through my fur.

I did want to say something but decided that I'd wait till I was finished nursing, it was too nice to interrupt with some casual observation.

Two hours later I was back in my car seat and Jack and I were headed towards the police station once more.

"Jack, I guess you an' Momma sometimes don' agree with everything that you do?" I asked, though from what I'd already seen their arguments were nothing like those ones my mother and father had when I was a human child.