4. Will They Meet Again?

Start from the beginning

He was shocked. How did she know that he is hungry. He ate quietly.
"Ram bhai..why are you trying to die?" It's Malu who asked .
"Malu..eat silently.. don't speak while having food..."Meenakshi said and everyone became silent.

After breakfast, Meenakshi and Dadu gathered around Abhiram and started insisting him to tell his story. Malavika was watching TV.

"Actually I have no such story. I was..."Abhi stammered.
"Then?? We're you trying to die for a time pass?? It's strange..."Meenakshi exclaimed.

Abhiram gave her a look and started thinking of a story to convince them. Suddenly his attention moved towards the TV screen where Titanic is playing. It was the scene when hero was about to die after rescuing the heroine. His brain worked and strikes an idea. He smirked.

"I had only her... she was my life...my love..My first and last love.  I lost her in the same sea...so I decided to end my life in the same sea." He said faking a sad expression. He started sobbing. From the corner of his eyes he noticed Meenakshi and Dadu listening to him anxiously.

"Who was she?" Dadu asked.
"My love. She was my girlfriend..we were about to marry within a week..but fate took her away from me before she became mine. I am an orphan..I don't have anyone except her. Why should I live even after losing one and only relation in my life?"he said wiping his non existing tears.

"What was her name?" Meenakshi asked
"Rose..no..Rohini..she was my everything."he said biting his lips.

"So sad."Meenakshi was literally in tears hearing his story.
"Do you Know why did I come with you? You look like my Rohini..For a second I thought you are my Rohini when I saw you for the first time.. that's why I decided to rethink about my decision."he added.

"How did your Rohini die?" Dadu asked.
"She was playing in beach. Suddenly a wave took her into the sea when I went to buy ice cream for us. When I returned back, I could only see her body having no life. I was shattered completely. I didn't have anyone other than her. She was a good girl." He covered his face with both his hands and started fake crying.

He looked up hearing a sobbing sound only to see both Dadu and Meenakshi crying badly. He felt sad for a moment.

"We are really sorry for you...I know you are already shattered.. Dont be angry for my behavior."Meenakshi said.

He stared at her with wonder in his eyes. This girl is really amazing. He thought.
"I think I should go now."Abhi said.
"Pls don't die..you should live for your Rohini. Her soul will be only happy if you decide to live your life. You said that I look like Rohini. Pls think this as your Rohini's words."Meenakshi said.

He was shocked. He didn't think that his lie will be having such an effect on her.
"I won't die.. Promise..."he said honestly.
"Thank God.."Dadu said in relief.
Meenakshi smiled at him.

"Do you have a job?"Dadu asked
"I had a job..now I resigned after I lost Rohini." He replied.
"You can stay here till you get a job."Dadu said
"Thanks..But I need to go.."he said
"But..."Meenakshi was about to say when Abhi stopped her.
"I won't die.. it's my promise"Abhi said.
"If you really want to go, then pls wait ...I will drop you on my way to office."Meenakshi said and he nodded.
*****
"Can you pls reduce the speed?" He asked sitting on the back seat of her scooter. It was really an adventurous journey for him since she is already late. And she have some other plans too which was unknown to him.