Return of the Mack

Return of the Mack:

I walked into my Art lesson already yawning. Richard was on an excursion with the rest if his business class, so there was no one for me to talk to.

I walked across the classroom to my usual table near the sink. I stopped when I noticed-

"Ellie?" The girl with the short pink hair turned around. It was her. "Ellie!" I repeated again with more enthusiasm. I opened my arms embracing her. It had nearly been 2 months since I had seen of even heard from her. I was beginning to think she was dead.

"Satiah!" She embraced me.

"Where were you?"

She shrugged before she answered. "I was sick, then my mum got sick, so I just took some time out." I nodded not asking her to disclose her 'sickness', although I did want to know. I noticed that she hadn't changed much. Her pink hair was now a lot lighter, with her natural blonde roots starting to show. She wore a white sleeveless crop top with no bra, evidenced by her hard nipples and nipple piercing outlined. Her patterned high waisted trousers went will with her snake skin leather slip-ons. She flung her bag off her shoulder onto the floor as the last bell rang. I watched her as she removed her jacket. With her hand, which was drowning in rings and bracelets, she moved her layered bangs slightly out of her face before resting it on her chin.

She caught me staring and smiled causing me to forget my train of thought. Ellie's eyes were small, so every time she smiled they would begin to disappear, her long lashes being the only evidence that she even has eyes. She always had black eyeliner on that was always winged to perfection. She was usually olive tanned but today she looked pale. Her eyeliner stood out more against her skin and her cheekbones seemed more defined, easily doubling up as knives. Overall, Ellie had a mature looking face, you could tell she was 18 only when she smiled.

I blinked removing my glare trying to remember what I was saying or even thinking about but I couldn't.

Despite what Ellie wore, or even the unique colour and cut of her hair, she demanded your attention simply by glancing towards you. When she spoke to you, she looked you straight in the eye un-nerved. I still wasn't sure if Ellie dressed as she did for attention, or if this what she really liked.

"Are you both ok?" I asked remembering her talking about both her and her mother being sick.

She nodded. "Everyone was stressed about me taking time out, you know with mocks and all that coming up next month and uni applications. People thought I wouldn't do it all in time."

"Have you done it all?" She nodded again grinning. I was able to have more control of myself this time and my mind didn't go off on a tangent.

"Applications done and I've been revising from the hospital, so" She put two gun fingers in the air.

"Superwoman?" I asked impressed. I don't know if I would have been able to, or would have wanted to do that. I wondered how sick she must have been if she needed to be hospitalised.

"Superwoman." She nodded.

When my teacher gave us our task - carrying on with our coursework - we continued to talk. Ellie was so easy going. Whenever I spoke to her I felt like I had taken some sort of laxative.

I began with telling her about Patrick, one of the funniest people I had met. I thought that Ellie and Pat would get along. I told her about Natasha and how she had apologised. I admitted that I was still wary of her and the company she kept. Lydia had started to give me dirty looks again. She was sitting with another group now across the room and I would catch her giving me intense looks. Even when I caught her, she would continue to stare unfazed.