Sometimes Miracles come in pairs

"His condition doesn't seem well, he gets worse since Rosie wakes up from death. I think he can't endure it any longer. "

"Just accept it."

No need to guess, Rosie was sure that this voice belonged to the man who controlled everything.

...Her father.

"There must be a way...there must be a way we can keep both of them alive! As their mother, I don't want to lose any of them!"

It was bad that she could remember her daddy's voice before her mommy's voice.

"People are born, people suffer and people die. The destiny let Rosie alive and let Charlotte die, that's all"

The leader of the Ducal family could remain his calm even though he was talking about his own children's death.

"No way! Could we...Could we ask for the Emperor blood to help Charlotte?"

Everybody knew Lucifer's blood could heal such an incurable person, just only one drop of the royal blood, it could resurrect the dead.

Whose blood again?

That's was Lucifer's! The one and only legendary of the Demon race. Who could want something that they cannot afford? His majestic blood was more precious than the rarest diamond or pearl to get it.

"We?" Asmodeus's mouth curved up in a cynical smile then, he continued.

"it's just only you, Aphrodine. I hope you know what are you talking about"

"I know exactly what I am talking about! The Emperor blood is the only way I have to save my children!"

"Then it is your last choice too. 'Miss Aphrodine Milencia' "

Sometimes, the reality was always crueler than anything else. Her eyes were full of resentment.

Her name before they both got marriage was spoken by her husband clearly every single word. It's like the warning way Asmodeus gave before she came across the border. Aphrodine stopped talking immediately but her eyes were still shining as the one who didn't know how to give up.

"I beg you, sir."

Their conversation seems like the stranger talking to each other, it doesn't feel like a couple talk anymore.

"A child who was not born with my love does not own its value enough for me to do anything for him. Miss, hope you understand. And take this as a warning, if you want to use your previous status to meet with your highness, please refrain from that thought. Once you marry to Luxuria - you are one of the Luxurias, you don't have any connections with your old family anymore"

"Thank you for sparing me some of your time. With this, please allow me to excuse myself."

Your eldest son was raised to be the future Duke. The Second son was raised to be the spy inside the Royal Palace and the third son was raised to control the military power. All three sons were taken away cruelly, she didn't have any chances to raise them by herself.

... For the sake of Luxuria

Old morons of this family claimed this stupid reasons. What should she do? Wife of the Duke was chosen to give birth anyway, she was treated like the premium grade of cow for a stud.

In the public eyes, everyone sees a lovey-dovey couple, but in reality, it was in contrast, not much different than the strangers who live in the same house. She was selfish and lacked of cautious at that time. She used 100th anniversary gift that Lucifer gave to her as a wish to force her husband to give her a baby who exactly belong to her own.