Lesson One: New School Life

Começar do início

"I'm afraid that I can't discuss the details, but he's telling the truth." Karasuma continued. "Come March next year, this creature who smashed the Venus, will destroy Earth as well. Only the world's leaders know about this. If news of this guy gets out there, we'd be looking at a global panic." He announced, "You've got to kill him in secret before that happens. In other words..."

"...An assassination." He swung the knife to the octopus, but it dodged like it was nothing.

"But this guy... " Swoosh!

"... is incredibly fast!" Swoosh!

"You try to kill him..." Swoosh! Click, click.

"...and he ends up grooming your eyebrows instead--immaculately!" His eyebrows twitched in annoyance. He turned around and swung the knife as the creature turns pink in satisfaction. A strong wind was made by the creature when it avoid the knife.

"This super-being has the power of turning Venus into a crescent. His speed tops out at Mach 20! In short, if he gets away, we'd be left helpless, awaiting our destruction."

"But that's no fun. So I made your government an offer: Not killing me." An irk mark appeared on Karasuma's head at the last part.

"Instead, I'll teach Class 3-E at Kunugigaoka Middle School."

'Wait, why?' The students thought with a blue face.

"We don't know what he's after. " Another irk mark appeared on Karasuma. "But we were forced to agree on the condition that he doesn't harm any of you students."

"We have two reasons: First and foremost, coming to a classroom everyday, let us keep an eye on him." Karasuma looked at the whole class, " and second, it gives about thirty people the opportunity to kill him from an extremely close range."

.

.

.

"You must keep this secret from your family and friends. There's no time to lose. If the Earth should disappear, we'll have nowhere left to run. "

"And that's about it! Now let's make the most of your one remaining year!

.

.

.

The students waited in their seats.

Cakle cakle cakle...

He is here.

Gulp.

The door opened.

"Now then, we'll start the homeroom. Student on duty, on your command."

"S-Stand up!"

Cl-Clic-Cli-Click-Click!

The students stood up from their seats all at once, holding up the guns.

"Attention!"

They waited for the right timing, aiming their guns at the teacher.

"Bow!"

Right after the last words, they all fired their guns...... Well, except for two people.

'Even though it's just a BB-pistol, it still cause an amount of force to the wrist and arm... I'll give the best shots I could manage.'

'Not now... still too soon... I'll aim at his heart and... tentacles.'

"Good morning. Fire all you like, I'll just be taking attendance." The creature said as it continued to dodge the rain of bullets.