v. keep yourself alive

The ride to the police station was quick, too quick to be driving under the established speed limit.

To shocked to have an actual conversation, the six teenagers stayed silent the whole ride. At one point of the ride, Carrie hopped on the seat next to Kate so she could busy herself by watching the empty streets.

After Kate parked the ambulance in front of the Police Station and after Sam and Deena entered to report to the police what just happened, Carrie stayed inside the ambulance, too afraid to actually come out.

She could overhear Kate, Simon and Josh conversation, still too shocked to be part of it. Slowly she crawled through the ambulance's floor and sat at the edge, right next to Josh.

Still, her mind kept wandered, being way too deep in thought to answer Kate's question or pretend to be paying attention.

A serial killer passed right in front of her.

A killer who, Sheriff Goode assured her, was dead and nothing wrong could happen to her.

How was she supposed to act? She couldn't cheer him away, or have any form of defense.

Carrie just turned sixteen for God's sake!

When she saw a couple of cops coming out of the building, Carrie quickly crawled back, hiding herself against the wall of the ambulance. Both Josh and Kate frowned.

"What happened?"

"Officer Goode can't know I'm here, okay? If he finds out, he would take me home immediately" Carrie blurted out, back pressed against the white wall. "And I really don't want to spend the night alone, not after what just happened."

Kate nodded. "You would prefer to spend it with Simon, right?" Carrie chuckled, head tilting to the side.

"What do you mean?"

Josh altered his sight back and forth between both teenagers. Kate shrugged. "Don't play dumb with us, Carrie. You broke his heart and now you act as if nothing happened and your still in love with him."

"Am not doing anything?"

"Yes, you..."

"We need to leave." Deena bursted in along with Sam who was standing behind her while looking at Carrie, who quickly nodded at Deena.

"I agree."

"I think we should stay. We're safe here." Sam argued back. "What if that psycho shows up again?"

"Officer Goode told me that psycho was dead. He lied, Sam. That's not safe."

"We will be ready." Deena took a gun from the waistband of her jean and charged it.

"What the hell?"

"Deena what is that?" Josh hissed.

Carrie giggled. "God we're in such dipshit."

"Is that the cop's?" Sam frowned. "You stole a cop's gun?"

"Fuck yeah she did!" Kate said while looking at Deena.

"You out of your goddam mind?" Sam hissed at Deena, eyes darker than usual and voice so harsh it would definitely make Carrie cry.

"They didn't believe us." Deena argued back. "We're on our own... Where the hell is Simon?"

Carrie shrugged her shoulders, but quickly the sound of a person grunting made them turn their heads around.

The pink haired girl hopped off the ambulance with a swift move and started walking down the street, the others following right after her.

When they reached the Main Street, they saw a girl sitting in top of a boy, backwards to the group of teenagers.

Deena took a step forward and hold tight her gun, anticipating the worse.

"It's Simon!" Carrie gasped, ready to run towards him, but Sam quickly grabbed her, letting Deena take the front.

Deena raised her arms while holding the gun and shoot the girl two times. "Simon, come on!"

The blond started running towards them, while the rest did the same thing, but the tight grip on Carrie's arm made her still.

"Sam, we need to leave." Carrie muttered, her sight fixed on the girl sitting down. "Sam!"

Saved by the bell, or Deena and Simon precisely, both Sam and Carrie made it to the ambulance without facing the unknown girl, so later they could arrive safe to Josh and Deena's house safely, or the closest thing to being safe.

The six teenagers gathered around the Johnson's living room.

"It doesn't make sense. It's... it's not possible. Bullets didn't stop her." Sam said while sitting down on the couch.

"Amazing observation." Kate mumbled, rolling her eyes.

Carrie was leaning against a wall while watching the whole scene. Deena was pacing around the living room while Simon closed all the courtains and doors. Josh, Sam and Kate where in the living room along with Carrie.

"Who the hell was that?"

"How the hell should I know?" Simon snapped at Deena. "She... She was hot! I don't know! The bitch seemed normal."

"Jeez I left some high standards." Carrie muttered to herself, but quickly shut up when Simon stood next to her, still arguing with Deena.

"I hate to break it to you, but normal bitches don't bleed black fucking blood!"

"Well, she was hot and normal until she attacked me with a fucking razor blade!"

"We get it! She was hot!" Carrie snapped, crossing the room and sitting on the empty couch next to Josh. Simon looked at her for a second while Kate snorted.

"Wait. What... A razor?" Josh looked up for the first time since they all arrived their house.

"Yeah, for like old-timey shaving, or in this case, I guess, slitting her..."

"Wrists. She slashed her wrists." Josh finished Simon's sentence. "Was she singing something? Like an oldie..."

"She was when you all started running and Sam wouldn't move." Carrie answered him, Sam smacked her hands against her legs.

"I told you I was sorry!"

"Jesus, Rain Man." Simon muttered "How the fuck do you know that?"

" Simon muttered "How the fuck do you know that?"

Finally some action😭😭😭😭