2

"Mr. Payne, I can assure you that I will take care of anything you could possibly think of." I tell him as I nervously click my heels against the tile floor, this deal can't fall through.

"Liam, call me liam." He tells me for the millionth time. "Sorry Liam," I smile at him before I continue, "but as I was saying, I promise you won't have to worry about a thing. My staff and I will take care of everything, I will supervise every step."

"Charolette, I'll be honest with you, I've been working on the same deal with Styles enterprises." He tells me as if I didn't already know. "Oh, really?"

"Yes, I must admit you've been much more helpful than Mr. Styles himself, but I'm going to need to think about it." He tells me and I breathe nervously, but put on my brave face as I nod.

"Yes of course, take your time. There is no rush." I lie and he nods. "Thank you for your time Charolette, your deal is fantastic. Thank you for taking the kids out too, they seem to like you."

Truth was, I bought those kids anything they wanted in sight. They wanted it? They got it.

"Of course, I will have the paperwork faxed over as soon as I get back to my office." I tell Liam as he stands up and holds a hand out to me, I take it as he helps me stand.

We say our goodbyes and I'm quick to get out of the building to where my drivers waiting for me.

As soon as I slam the door shut I nearly start throwing a fit, but I keep my cool as I order the driver to take me back to my office.

The drive back was short and when I went up to my floor, I saw niall sitting behind his office desk on his phone.

"Get off your damn phone." I snap, but Niall only looks up for a brief second before looking back down. "I'm assuming it didn't go as planned?"

That's the thing I think I liked about Niall, he wasn't scared or intimidated with me and he'd take my punches all day, like a friend should.

"No of course not, that fucking twat Harry might get the deal."

"Speaking of harry... he called earlier." Niall says and my heart stops beating, he what?

"What'd he want?" I say trying to act as if I didn't care. "Said he needed to talk to you about something, I'm assuming the Payne deal. What's even happening with it? I'm so confused."

"None of your business Niall, I need you to do a few things for me. Take those stupid fucking flowers off my desk and toss em' I don't want to see them. On the middle of my desk, exactly in the middle, there's a pencil on top of it, is very important thing that I need you to fax to Mr. Payne. As soon as possible." I say in snappy tone and Niall looks at me with a frown, "please."

"Well, only because you said it so nice, of course." He says with a real smile as he sets his phone down and stands up.

"What would you like for lunch, I'm heading out to get some soon?" I ask him and Niall smiles at me. "Did you just offer to get me lunch? Miss Williams, offered to get me lunch?"

"If you keep acting like that, I'll make sure you starve to death." I tell him as I walk closer and lean against his desk. "Empty threat, you love me to much."

"Keep talking and I'll fire you."

"Alright alright, I'm going. Tacos please?" He asks and I nod. "Yeah, is it alright if I use your phone to call back styles?" I ask and Niall nods. "Numbers on the sticky note."

Niall walks away without another word as I move behind his desk and sit in his uncomfortable rolling chair.

I'll have to remind myself to buy him a new one.