THIS IS A SNEAK PEEKEROO

It started the same way everytime.

Tongues of fire rising from the ashy ground, reaching for me. Hunting me. Wanting to drag me back the hell I fought so hard to escape from.

     Ashy grey wings unfolded from my back, but I could never fly far with them. I rose in the air quickly, beating my frail wings in a desperate effort to escape.

     With a snap, my right wing broke. I continued to beat the left one, fighting through the pain,  but I was slowly losing altitude. Lower and lower I flew, and then-

     CRACK
My left wing snapped, sending me into free fall. It was all I could do to tuck myself into a ball to soften the impact.

     Pain flared in every part of my body as I stumbled upright again, and my ankle gave out as I took a step. It was broken, shattered in the fall.

     The flames grew closer, and closer, the malicious crackling of fire an omen of doom. I began crawling, desperate to stay away from the fire.

     The pain was to much. My arms gave out, and I collapsed. With eyes so widened you could hardly see the blue, I stared in fear as the fire reached my trailing wings.

If you nerds wanna see the whole story, lemme know, and I'll post it in my oneshot book!
(Nightmare from Hell will be the title if y'all wanna see it)