Chapter 8: Powerless

A/N: Sorry for taking a while to update ^^ This chapter was definitely a tougher one, but I'm very pleased with the results! Thank you once again for all of the support thus far!

Massive thanks to my friend unlucky chat noir who helps me edit this story! She wrote about half of this chapter with me, and it was definitely a great team effort. Thank you for all of your help! <3

With that being said, I would say I hope you enjoy this chapter but you probably won't so.... good luck :)

---

WARNING: Torture is present in this chapter so please do not read this chapter if you don't think you can handle it. A brief explanation will be given at the start of next chapter for those who skip this one.

Seriously, it's pretty bad.

This chapter is basically the Avengers: Infinity War of the fanfiction

---

Silence.

The surroundings felt like anything but life. Black... quiet... it was almost peaceful, but the more he regained consciousness the more it felt like a bitter, dark void.

It was cold- no, it was freezing. The air felt thin and it left a burning and dry ache in Adrien's throat, causing him to cough in an attempt to expel the unpleasant feeling. The blonde could barely see once he finally opened his eyes, the darkness plaguing his senses. The room was smoggy, and every breath released a puff of visible air. Where was he? Was this some kind of freezer? He couldn't remember how he got there, the last thing he remembered was being in Marinette's room at night.

Before that... he didn't know. But that didn't matter right now.

The blonde haired boy finally looked around, his actions slow as his body trembled from the numbing cold, his hands lacking of almost any feeling. When he finally looked down at himself, he realized he was in a chair, failing to notice earlier from the lack of proper warmth. Adrien tried to lift his hand, but instead was restrained by some kind of rope wrapped around his arms and tied to the back of it. It didn't take him long to discover the additional rope holding down his ankles to the chair's legs as well.

He was trapped.

The teenager felt his blood run cold and his heart drop at the realization. Someone had trapped him in this freezing, dark place. Who was it? Where was he?

Just before Adrien could try to call out for help, the lights suddenly turned on above him and he squeezed his eyes shut quickly at the abrupt brightness. He slowly began to open them again when he heard heavy footsteps drawing closer, his eyes finally adjusting to the blinding white light. When he looked ahead again, he drew in a shuddering gasp that caused him to once again cough.

He wasn't alone.

Sitting in front of him was Marinette, tied up and freezing the same way he was. She seemed to be unconscious, or perhaps just keeping her eyes shut considering how vigorously she was shivering. Why was she here too?

"M-Marinette...?" he choked out hoarsely. Was she okay? Was she hurt?

To some relief, he saw her slowly lift up her head and blink open her blue eyes. They were flooded with worry and fear as she blinked and shivered, and Adrien felt a twinge of desperation to remove that expression off of her face. Of course, Marinette had every right to be terrified and confused, as was he, but he hated seeing such a pained expression on her. She didn't deserve it.