||

It was the evening now. Your parents got home and you all had dinner. You couldn't get over the complaints that flew out of your father's mouth whenever there was a random bang, or screaming laughter coming from the house next door. It irked you how much class Yugyeom didn't have.

"So, (y/n) did your teacher finally assign that huge project to you guys yet?" your mother asked, completely ignoring your father's scoffing and quiet cursing. You laughed and nodded. You loved the way she would keep things real and how she wouldn't entertain any type of bull shit.

Dinner ended and now it was time to wrap up the day and go to sleep. That would be if Yugyeom would let you. From your personal bathroom you glared at the wall that had his house behind it. Your expression softened. You began to wonder why it bothered so much that he lived next door. Maybe him living here was a good thing. He could liven up the quiet loft complex you call home. Putting those thoughts aside you continued to you shower

♨️

It became late quickly and you lost track of time seeing that you were doing research for your project. Just as you were about to close your laptop and call it a day, a long pained sob erupted from the other side of the wall. It startled you and made you worry instantly

The cries sounded very genuine and not like some type of joke. Then it hit you. You recognized the voice of whoever was crying. At first you tried to think of someone else that could possibly have that voice, but you can only think of one person.

It was Yugyeom.

Yugyeom was sobbing uncontrollably. He sounded really hurt. You being a nice person, you sat against the wall and began to speak. "What's wrong?" you asked softly. The crying stopped and a small gasp could be heard from the other side.

"What do you want?" he asked in a stern tone. He was putting on that tough boy facade on. You became unsure if it was worth it to answer back. "I-I want you to stop crying. It's very loud." you answered wittly. A small chuckle could be heard from him and he pounded on the wall.

"You think you're funny don't you? Don't talk to me." he responded. Normally you would be annoyed at how stubborn he was acting but you could obviously tell he was going through a lot right now. "I'm not trying to be funny. You sound really upset, are you sure you don't need someone to talk to?" You can feel his body slide down the wall where yours was. "You wouldn't actually care. You're just probably some chick that's trying to get dirt on me."

This time you pounded on the wall out of frustration. You could hear his laugh on the other side which calmed you a bit. "Jeez man! Not everything is about fighting you. I'm trying to help you and it's getting late. You don't want to disturb the other neighbors do you?"

You felt dumb for asking that question. You should have known he could have cared less, and as expected he responded with those words too. You two sat in silence. The only sounds was the sighing that you both made. That was until Yugyeom spoke once again.

"Thank you. For like- staying." This caught you off guard and made you blink your eyes more than usual. You straightened even if he couldn't see you. "You don't have to thank me." a long pause hangs above you two. "Well I have to go to bed. Goodnight, Yu- Goodnight" You didn't want him to know that you knew who he was then he would be the one to have dirt on you. He would think of you as weak and probably would use you for other things than schoolwork.

As you walked to the light switch, you stared at the spot where you sat. Thoughts flew through your head. Tucking yourself in, you murmured one last thing to yourself, "Maybe he's not that bad."
♨️

Class with Yugyeom was now interesting. It wasn't like you knew him like the back of your hand, but you got under his skin just a little. Everytime he spat a curse or an insult at you, you just reminded yourself of the events of last night. This made time in class with him go faster. And what a relief that was to you.