013. Day and Night

Start from the beginning

She smiles. "Why?"

"No reason."

And I decide to send it to Mackenzie

...

After school ends, I walk out the doors looking around for Kenzie. I see her chatting with a group of girls, and I make my way over, trying a little to listen in on what they're saying. What? A guy's curious!

"So, Kenzie, since you are famous and all, have you met the singer Juan?!" Annie asks dreamily.

Kenzie smirks and says, "What if I told you I did?"

Asia squeals. "OMG! Really??"

"Yeah, actually. He's really-"

"Cute?!" Nadia squeaks.

"Um, I was going to say nice, but yeah, he's really cute."

"AWE!" The girls chirp.

"How do you know him?" Annie asks.

"We're just friends." Kenzie looks around, in hopes of avoiding the conversation. She spots me. I wave, pretending I didn't see or hear anything before.

"Oh, hey! There's Johnny! Got to go, guys!"

"Later, Kenzie!"

...

。·:*:·゚☆。Mackenzie:

I stumble over to Johnny who wears a smug look on his face. I smile. "What is it?"

"Oh, nothing," He says smiling. We begin to walk and I shove his shoulder playfully. 

"Just tell me!" He turns to me and grins wide.

 "So, you think I'm cute?" I roll my eyes and giggle, shoving him once more. 

"You nosy little eavesdropper!" We both laugh and continue to chat nonsense, until we reach my house. Like it's been for a bit, the house is quiet with Maddie and our mother away. 

"Nice place," Johnny says casually, glancing around the room.

"Thanks," I say. 

"I would tell you to 'make yourself at home', but you live next door so we can just skip that part." He chuckles 

"Well thanks for the tip," He said while slipping off his shoes.

"Don't dwell on it. Anyways, let's start making some music!" I squeal, throwing my arms up in the air.

"Alright," He says as we make our way to my living room couch. We sit down and Johnny takes out his guitar that he brought from home. "For starters, do you have any ideas for a name of a song? Maybe a theme?"

"How about, love at first sight?" I ask.

"Awe, thank you, I'm flattered, but it's a bit cheesy."

I roll my eyes and scoff, "It's meant to be."

"You know, you're not that great at this," he chuckles.

I laugh and toss a pillow at him. "I don't see you doing anything!"

"Fine, I guess we'll just be doing this all day and night," Johnny says sarcastically.

"Whatever," I smile.

"Huh," Johnny murmurs aloud. he hums a little tune to himself and suddenly screeches, "That's it! Day and night! All day and night!" he says, the last part in singing.

"That'll be a great name for a song!" I cheer.

"Great! Now, we can start melody and lyrics," Johnny explains, fiddling with the strums of his guitar.

"Hmm..." I wonder aloud.

"Well, don't get me wrong, but I could spend all day and night with you," Johnny says sincerely.

I smile and come up with an idea. "So, let's say this! Chillin' with you...spending some time?"

"Girl, there is nothing better!" Johnny adds.

"Perfect!" I quickly glance up in thought. "Whatever we do it'll be fine."

"It don't...matter the weather!"

And that's how it went. About an hour and a half later, we had a song. It was rough, but we had one.

"Well, this was fun, right?" I ask joyfully.

"Yeah," Johnny agrees. "Gotta say, we're some pretty good song writers."

"Yeah."

A beat of silence later, Johnny stands up from the couch, packing his guitar up. "Well, I should get going."

"I'll walk you out." We walk to the door, when I notice his phone begin falling out his pocket. Before I can catch it, it topples to the floor, but it doesn't leave a scratch.

"I'll get it," I say, reaching down in front of him, but we both reach down at the same time, our heads colliding with a small bump. "Sorry!" we say in unison.

I look up at him, and by some fairy tale chance, our lips brush lightly together, but we pull away instantly. I look into his eyes. They were like crystal emeralds and I felt myself easily get lost into them. Without thinking, we inch our heads closer and closer, fluttering our eyes closed.

"Hey, Kenz, we're ho- Oh!" Maddie exclaimed opening the door, causing Johnny and I to snap back to reality.

"Uh, I should probably go," Johnny says sheepishly.

"Yeah," I laugh awkwardly. I watch him slide through the cracked door and past my confused mother who's just entering the house with groceries.

"Who was that?"

I sigh. "Just a friend."